Shiba or Nihonken Friendly Cars

Comments

• edited November -1
    I <3 the Nissan Rogue... although we didn't get one, now we wish we had.

We have a Hyundai Elantra and it's a fabulous car - not a lot of room unless you just have 2 small dogs (like we did before the Lok-er).

When we go camping we'll be taking my elantra and the imprezza both... just to fit all the doggies ;o)
  • edited November -1
    I have a station wagon and I loooove it. It fits two adults, two kids, and all three dogs. I don't think I'll ever own a car that's not a station wagon/hatchback/van/SUV/truck. What I really would like is a truck with an extended cab and a topper. The extended cab so I could put carseats in it and the topper so I could set up a little doggie camp in the truck bed. There's an old beater truck that's kind of a communal "farm truck" around, and I love using it for jobs like hauling garbage to the dump or fence posts around or whatever, but it drives me nuts that I can't take my kids in it. Also, my dogs won't stay in the back without a topper. Not that I'd put them in there anyway, at least not for the road, but I tried putting them in there once just to drive (very slowly) to a different spot on my property (and Isaac was there with no carseat lol) and they just jumped out and wanted to run along side, which was even less safe, so I let them in the cab, which sucked because there was no room and they were filthy.
  • edited November -1
    ****** I edited & updated my previous post if anyone is still interested, please scroll up! I have new photos of my truck -smiles-. *******
  • edited November -1
    Lol Corina I think we'd already have an RV if Errik wasn't so against driving it.
  • edited November -1
    We have the ford escape and the Matrix. We haven't put the crate in the Matrix yet, but hands down it's alot easier to clean and really fast (hubby has the manual XRS version). The back of the escape is horrendous since it's black interior/floor matts and our little spud was shedding. If we make it to the LI meet this weekend Joseph you can have a look at whichever car we end up taking :)
  • edited November -1
    Unfortunately I'll be working this weekend but my wife Dawn and my baby Katsu will be there.
  • edited November -1
    Speaking of cars, I think this is a great idea.

http://barkbuckleup.com/Members/Registration.asp
  • edited November -1
    Me drive Suzuki Jimny with 660cc engine in mountain...

and I love the dang car. Will have to take pics or vid sometime so you can see just how small it is. Nutso 4WD though, amazing when I get it going in the mountain.

I'd love nothing more than to grab Corina's pick up, but then I wouldn't be able to go anywhere :P
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Jesse - I was really interested in the Ford Escape Hybrid but haven't heard any reviews from anyone I know... We won't be car shopping for awhile as it is. LOL
  • edited November -1
    I love my X-terra. It's been a great vehicle, quite durable, and has lived through a few tornadoes and hail storms. Unfortunately, it has a small engine and still guzzles gas. If I ever get the money to upgrade, I have been thinking about a Subaru Forrester. Everyone I have talked to who has owned one LOVES it. We get all four seasons here, so I need something that can take it. I was looking at both the basic model and the premium (because I like to research things before I ever purchase, and everyone can dream, right ;-) ). Also, I like the idea that i can choose stick over auto. Both X-Terra and Subaru seem to have the doggy gate for the back - though it sounds like it may not be necessary...

My sis had a Matrix and Loved it! However, they now have 3 little ones, so they made the upgrade to the mini-van. She almost cried...
  • edited November -1
    I'd cry too if I had to go mini-van LOL.
  • edited November -1
    It looks like we may be going with the Elantra Touring. I checked out a Matrix today, and I'm not sure it'll be big enough for what we want. I'll be waiting to check out the 2010 Tucson and 2010 Equinox when they come out. I really want the new Mazda3 5 door, but again I think it's a little too small and kind of defeats the purpose of getting a bigger doggy friendlier car.
  • edited November -1
    I <3 my Mitsubishi Lancer...Charcoal Grey. Mmmm. :p

Hopefully one day, we'll see how dog-friendly it is lol ~
  • edited November -1
    The Elantra Touring looks GREAT!!!!

I have to say I've almost had my Elantra for a year, and I love it... I only wish I could just hand it in for a touring now ;o)
  • edited November -1
    Yeah Evan the touring is pretty great. We had kind of locked into the Mazda5, but were kind of iffy about Mazdas. My mother used to work for an engineering company that made ECU's for Japanese car makers. She kept telling us how the engineers at the company always said Mazda engines weren't as reliable as Honda's or Toyota. So when the Touring came out we checked it out in the showroom. It has the most size, best fuel economy, the nicest looks, the best warranty out of everything we've looked at so far. So as long as nothing ridiculous comes out we'll hopefull be getting it towards the end of the year.
  • edited November -1
    My last car was a Mazda 6. It lasted til about the end of it's warranty and then poof, transmission died.

We really wanted to get a Mazda 3 or Scion TC, but the warranty on the Elantra really sold us.
  • edited November -1
    I love the 5 door Mazda3, but I'm too worried that the same thing will happen to us. I plan on keeping this car until 2012, because according to the Mayans the world will be over and I won't need a car.
  • edited November -1
    I think I'm in love

02_lancersportbackralliart
  • edited November -1
    Guys and their cars. lolol. Love at first site.

I down-sized from a Tahoe to an Escape. It drives really well, and I felt ackward having a big SUV with just me in it. The Escape is a good SUV, but now I want my Tahoe back. I'm a Chevy Girl at heart.

Something about being the daughter of immigrants.....it makes you want American. Plus, it's built Ford tough. he he
  • edited November -1
    Just an update, the Escape shakes like crazy going 90+ mph, which freaked us out a bit on our way up to Maine through the mountains, in a thunderstorm, in the dark with fog....other than that it was a really comfy ride and we felt safe plus did pretty good gas mileage.
  • edited July 2009
    Why were you driving 90+ MPH?!?!!? Slow down! :P
  • edited November -1
    hehehe we were stuck in the car for 6+ hours after working all day and I think at that point we were at the tip of MA going into NH and just saying to ourselves, when will this end?! We won't be doing that again that's for sure ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Irene your Escape was shaking? Mine doesn't. Runs smoothly.
  • edited November -1
    I drive a Dodge Ram Quad cab.....I'm a real car guy and have a muscle car that get's trailered so I need the "big dog".....lol.... Oli like's it because the front seat is a split bench, the large arm rest in the center flips up and creates a bench seat so Oli can sit next to me and see where we're going.....

I'm a big "buy American guy" I feel, "buy American, the job you save my be your own". I've only owned domestic vehicles and have yet to have a bad one.

Photobucket

Steve
  • edited November -1
    Tara, I was thinking perhaps it's the running boards that is messing with the aerodynamics when going that fast? Who knows, lease is up next year, and I'm already eyeing the toyota venza thing. ;-)
  • edited November -1
    The tires on any standard passanger car/truck are rated at 75mph....At 90mph you've exceeded the balancing of the tires. Most likely that's what you felt, the tires were "hobbling" at that speed.....not really safe unless the tires are rated higher but on an SUV that's very unlikely.

Steve
  • edited November -1
    I hit 90 with no problem and I have the running boards. I don't have a hybrid though if that's what you have. I like the Escape, it's cute and little but won't own another one. I want your truck Steve!!!
  • edited November -1
    Huh, my dad asked when i last checked my tires, i brushed him off like he was nuts since i just had them rotated...heh..guess he was thinking along the same lines as you were Steve..oops ;-)
  • edited November -1
    The venza is nice. Check out the new Chevy Equinox.
  • edited November -1
    My wife has the Equinox....great vehicle, especially with the AWD for bad weather.

Steve