All about Bully Sticks

2»

Comments

• edited November -1
    Fly me to Napoli! *drools* I confess the tripe is for me. I know Solid gold sells the green stuff ;0)

anyway, sorry Joe, didn't mean to off-set your thread. ..back to bull penises *vomits*
  • edited November -1
    LOL i'd take bull boy-bits over tripe anyday.. :T
  • edited November -1
    Since y'all grossed me out...

• edited September 2009
    LOL! "Bully units"... think I've been watching too much "bizarre food" to find this really gross..
  • edited November -1
    OK i had to stop watching once they opened the box. Thanks Kristin for getting me to join you on the nausea bandwagon X-/
  • edited November -1
    That is the part I stopped at too, then just pasted for everyone else...

UGH...still not as bad as tripe though...BLAH
  • edited November -1
    ROFLMAO Kristin. I can't believe you watched even part of that. Even I was grossed out.
  • edited November -1
    Kinda reminded me of the bologne making episode on Dirty Jobs.
  • Kristin, I thought I was crazy! That video is hysterical, I love the country western guitar part. It makes want to write words to that song.
  • edited November -1
    I LOVE Dirty Jobs. I knew balogna was full of lips and "cheerios" ;) but I have a new respect for the product after seeing how it's made.

Are there other kinds of bullys that are made for dogs? Pig or horse?
  • edited November -1
    bestbullysticks.com has lamb pizzles. And 36" full pizzles from grass fed bulls. Meow.
  • edited November -1
    Ha! Bison bully's, too-interesting.
  • edited November -1
    While less humorous than the bully sticks video, here is another bovine related, and stomach related video taken from the most unbelievable demonstration at Tufts Vet School's annual Open House. While we do go to Open House every year, and have seen (and smelled) this demo live in person several times before, this is not my video. It is both disgusting and impressive at the same time. This cow is a rumen donor- she lives at the vet hospital in a pasture (with some horses because the other cows thought she was too different and messed with her porthole)- and she just does cow things and provides digestive enzymes for other hospitalized ruminants (cows, goats and horses) who have lost all their stomach "bugs" due to antibiotics during their treatment at the hospital. Sensitive stomachs, beware- but the concept is grosser than what you actually see- no blood, organs, anything like that- but if a still photo of tripe turns you over the video probably will too. Let's go to the tape:

• edited September 2009
    I saw this years ago and wondered why we pesky humans always have some infection problem or the other when similar "ports" as put in during some weird surgery.. lol
  • edited November -1
    There are a lot of super bugs in hospitals.

The cow port is a neat idea, they also use those to see how certain feeds are digested compared to others-helps to tell what is more easily processed.
  • edited November -1
    I have GOT to remember NOT to come back to this thread...
  • edited November -1
    I believe there was a 'ported' cow on my college campus, on the campus that held concentrations of animal and agricultural sciences.. really neat!! Thanks for the info, Lindsay!
  • WTF! UGGHHHHHHHH!

This forum has the best thread jacks!

I think I'm either going to pass out or vomit now.
  • edited November -1
    That is awesome... I think I missed my calling as a scientist or something.
    I have a friend who graduated from West Virginia University who has two of her own sheep (one with a stomach window) and a rumen donor cow with a port hole. I never EVER get tired of hearing what she learns!
  • You guys are crazy
  • edited November -1
    Well guys I'll be ordering some AntlerZ and bully sticks for Bella and Saya I know they'll like them. lol

I'll have to get pictures of them when they first get it..
  • edited October 2009
    I wanted to know what a bully stick was but...Forget it, google just told me ewwwww