Kona's Brindle(ing)

edited January 2008 in Kai Ken (甲斐犬)
Kona is getting his brindle...

Comments

• edited November -1
    Wow, you can totally see it now!  What a handsome little man! 
  • edited November -1

That is so cool.

One day I will have to see these guys in person!

I talk about them to Jay like I know them now.

Whats wrong with me? (rhetorical question, PLEASE no need to answerLaughing)

• edited November -1
    Wow Brad I cant believe how big hes getting! I think he has even more brindle then Kenji does! He is going to be such a handsome dog!Smile
  • edited November -1

He is growing fast! He has started getting a lot of energy too - he does the Kai 5000 all around the house.

I'm excited to see how he turns out - its fun to have a dog that slowly develops his colors over time. The brindle that is showing looks pretty light colored, kinda cool!

I figured out the trick to taking his picture, low light and no flash... he is so shiny when you use flash he looks like a shorter haired dog.

• edited November -1

Try to cover the flash with a bit of tissue paper wrapped around the flash with a rubber band. It will diffuse the flash and prevent both the hard light and the motion blur, from not having any flash.

Kona is very cool. Here in Portugal, we have a breed that has a hair colour that's very close to that. It's a mountain dog though.  Whoever wants to see it just Google Cão de Castro Laboreiro. It's probably my favourite of all the portuguese breeds.

• edited November -1

Brad--

Its funny you say that about the Kai 500s! I thought only Shibas did it but NOPE! He does them on a daily basis and it could go on forever, but he take alot of drink breaks because he is so much bigger than Keria he gets tired out fast. I will try to catch him on camera doing it because it is funnier than a regular shiba 500. Do Akitas, Hokkaidos, and Shikokus have there 500's?

• edited November -1
    He's lookin' good Brad!  Kohji used to do the Kai 500s so fast at my mom's, he would jump onto the couch and knock it back into the wall and dented her wall.
  • edited November -1
    Omg Kenji does that too! He likes to hang over the couch for some reason. I herd that they like to be in high areas alot because they are big watch dogs, such as standing on tables (which he does on our coffee table in front of the couch) and then hangs over the furniture. lol.
  • edited November -1

Thanx Kelly!

You know the Shikokus don't really do the Shikoku 500 that much - every now and then they will get crazy and start running around. They seem to get into more of a play overdrive or something... like get to the point where they can't control what they are doing - not really running just jumping and play fighting.

When the Shikokus do go into the Shikoku 500s they look so silly, they arch there back really silly and just get crazy running all over. They have no idea what they are doing.

Kona mos def likes to be in high places, he climbs better than any of the others did at his age.

Hilo has never done the Akita 500 - but he has a hard enough time just walking. When he get out side tho he freaks out and play bows and jumps - its really silly.

----

Last night we had a bad winter storm come through the area (70+ mph winds!) and when we had to take Kona out he LOVED the wind... he would just stand there and face the wind with his little ears flapping back... it was funny.

• edited November -1

Tenji, at 16 months, still has "the zoomies" and runs full tilt around the houseSurprised.

• edited November -1

Brad-can I buy Kona? (old post joke)

He is so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• edited November -1

I talked to Chad about Kai's before this forum and before I knew Brad was getting one and he was saying no, just like I talked about and Akita before we met Hilo.  NOW just because of BRAD, they are both acceptable dogs!!!!!!!!!!

UGH

Love ya Brad! 

• edited November -1
    Wink
  • edited November -1

An update on Kona's brindle, it's getting more noticeable... (notice the hair stuck to him - he's like Velcro!)

IMG_0941

IMG_0942

IMG_0940

• edited November -1
    He's growing up so fast.
  • edited November -1
    So cool! That's one handsome boy you've got there.
  • edited November -1

Both ears up today huh? :-)

I'm sorry to say, but I can't really see the brindle(ing) in those. :-( 

• edited November -1
    He is such a cutie!!!  I love him!!!  haha, you should use him like a swiffer to clean up all the hair on your concrete floors!
  • edited November -1

yea, it is hard to see his brindle in those pics... you could see it better before I uploaded them... maybe a bigger size would help....

IMG_0941

• edited November -1

In the monitor I'm viewing the photos, the brindle is quite visible! You might want to check your monitor calibration, Dave.

Kona is getting big! I really like the expression on his face, looking at you Brad! 

• edited November -1
    Well, I just re-calibrated my monitor and I can now see it (the larger size helps though). Boy, I wonder what else I've been missing? :-/
  • edited November -1
    I LOVE the face he is making in the 2nd picture.
  • edited November -1

What do you think that face he is making is saying? Kona is hard to read.... lol.

To me he is saying: "Did you get? Can I go back to sleep now?"

• edited November -1
    oh... and yes, he is getting big! He weighs 35lb now!
  • edited November -1
    How big will he get?
  • edited November -1
    I expect him to be 45 - 55 pounds and roughly as tall as Ahi (20 - 22 inches)
  • edited November -1

ok, another attempt to capture his brindle...

IMG_0958

IMG_0960

IMG_0964

• edited November -1

CUTE. It looks like he rubbed up against a bit of paint.

• edited November -1
    Ears down!
  • edited November -1

I love him!  To be honest, I hope he doesn't get too much more brindle.  I think he looks very handsome the way he is.  I think a lot of the Kai's with the heavy brindle look kind of wild.  He is sucha cutie! And he is getting Tall!

BTW, I really like Jen's jeans :)