Kona's Brindle(ing)

13»

Comments

• edited November -1
    Is it me, or does Kona have less Brindling than he did as a pup???
    Also, weird comment coming up. I love his paws!! I wanna bite them.
  • edited November -1
    Love to see the pics of Kona, as always! I think I missed this thread altogether, too. Kona definitely has so much brindle compared to Josephine, although I can catch hers every once in awhile in a pic taken in the right sunlight conditions. Interesting to hear that the brindling changes develops all the way up to 5 years!

Over the holidays we had many friends and family reconnecting with Josephine, and so many of them remarked on the softness of her fur --- she is really fun to pet and cuddle!
  • edited November -1
    I've been looking for this thread for a while & couldn't find it! haha Success!

You say fat, I say muscle!

I love Kona's face so much...& this is going to sound strange but I REALLY love his paws! He has the cutest paws! & I especially love his light coloured Paw Pads.

Did Kona's parents have a lot of brindle?

Personally, I love Kai Ken brindle, but I'd take a nicer face [ like Kona's ] over well developed brindle. :) ~
  • edited November -1
    Very cute!

I like both the black and brindle Kai's. However, considering I've already had a black dog before...if I were to get a Kai, I'd probably have to go with the more "wild" brindle look. For some reason I like the brindle color. I think Kona is handsome either way, but I also don't forsee him getting much "lighter". It'll be interesting to see though, but I think he'll for the most part be black with stripes but 5 years is a long time, so we'll see.

I want to see Kona again! Last time he was just a little black fluffball, lol. He really has grown.
  • edited November -1
    I just love Kona. When I look at the pics, I have a sudden urge to just curl up beside him. I like Kai's for a variety of reasons, but the more pics I see of them, the more I realize it's something about their face, more specifically their eyes, that really pulls me in. Kona is just a beautiful dog!!
  • edited November -1
    What nice markings.
  • edited November -1
    Kona blew his coat again and with it came some more brindle markings!

IMG_9545

----
  • edited November -1
    Kona has naked buns!
  • edited November -1
    aww, Kona is so pretty. :)
  • edited November -1
    Wow, the brindle is really showing up now! That's amazing the changes with each "changing of the coat"... Will be something to see how much brindle he shows after 5 years of that! Is Kona about 1 1/2 years or so now?
  • edited November -1
    Oh I LOVE his brindling!
  • edited November -1
    He's one beatiful pup! I love the markings...I didn't realize it took so long to get those markings!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, that's really starting to show. I remember not that long ago I had to recalibrate my monitor to see it. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Kona is so handsome with his brindle!
  • edited November -1
    i love kais. just looking at them is almost looking into the eyes of nobility. at least thats how i see it. i want one so bad. lol.....one day.
  • edited November -1
    It's kind of cool looking at Kona's brindle progression, he is such a handsome boy
  • edited March 2009
    what a beautiful pup!! glad i was able to see puppy pictures too :P I kinda like the "hidden" brindle too. Doesn't have to be all over the body for me ;)
    Btw, for some reason I really like the red Kai. It looks majestic...
  • edited November -1
    I <3 Kona
  • edited November -1
    he looks fancy.