Kyuubi (Haru's pup #2)

Comments

• He's so cute! Wasn't Harus mask dark when she was young? Don't worry his testicles will drop.

I know of 4 kais down there.
  • Looking at pictures of Haru, I'm really surprised at how dark her face was compared to how light she is now.
  • Kyuubi is very, very cute! Quite a bit of personality, too!!

I will be in the Silver Lake area of LA for one day (June 6th), and have never seen a kai in the flesh. I dont suppose there's a park you frequent...(hint, hint). I live in the Phoenix area. Are there any known kai in this vicinity?
  • Dark and Handsome Kyuubi! :) I'd say Tall, Dark and handsome, but he's hes still growing. ;)
  • @jan3t - Off hand I don't know of any Kai in the Phoenix area, but we are in NM and drive to Cali a few times a year. So, on our next trip, which may be sooner than later, I can bring a Kai along and we can meet you somewhere north of Phoenix.

----
  • Going to wait to see how he grows and fingers crossed that his testicles will drop.

@jan3t - there are a few dog parks I frequent in the OC area. :] You are welcome to stop by and meet him.
  • Hey Brad, that would be great!

Jujee, I need to figure out what OC stands for. I moved to Phoenix three years ago after a 25-year stay in Vermont, so I am still learning my way around these parts.
  • I used to live in north Phoenix near ASU West. :-)

OC= Orange County. Roughly the area between Los Angeles and San Diego.
  • Lookin good Kyuubi!

I used to live in Phoenix as well! About 10 minutes from downtown.
    Let me know when you go through the Phoenix area as well Brad and I'll schedule a visit to my Grandparents around then so I can check out the Kai too!
  • Ok! I think the next time I drive through will be for the training with Gen.
  • Beautiful pictures Julie! He is looking very handsome

Here are some videos from puppy class social time on Monday. Videos were cut short cause they were having us practice giving our pups a little break while playing. One lady seemed a bit uneasy that her puppy was trying to wrestle with Kyuubi.

• He looks great! He really reminds us of Haru, his back-end (tail, legs, etc) is like looking at Haru. He's great with the pups too, very polite. That's a really nice and large are in that class, I wish we had that much space at our puppy class!

----
  • Koda's brother Pilot is in Phoenix, but honestly I haven't spoken to his owner in a year. I could try to email him, but he may not respond.
  • I love those videos Kyuubi plays really well.

That little white and black dog played good most small pups at my class wasn't ruffing it like that except with Saya since she was the only pup their size. lol
  • So cute!! I love the way his tail wags constantly!!
  • Just for fun, I poached this from Shig's YouTube channel. Kyuubi looks a lot like his mom did as a pup...

----
  • Ahhh, a reminder of happier times :P
  • AWW! Haru is so cute as a puppy! Kyuubi does remind me of Haru now. =)
  • Is it just me or did Haru's tail get curlier?
  • Haru had a sashi-o as a pup. At around 3 months it started to touch her back, getting gradually tighter as she aged. I see it in Kai quite a bit, though the majority are maki-o.

The Kaiken is an evolving breed, brindle, tongue spots, and tails all change as they age lol.
  • edited May 2011
    Lol tell me about it. I was trying to wash dirt off koda's legs today only to notice it's all new brindle. Sorry Koda for scrubbing you....
  • I once tried to pull a tick off my shibas moto that turned out to be a nipple. God I felt bad!
  • LoL, don't feel bad Jessica, I've been doing that to all three of my pups (especially Miyu, her nips are so much bigger than the boys) this year.
  • Haha @tjbart17 & JessicaRabbit & @Calia! This thread is full of win now. And don't tell kyuubi I told u guys but he wore a pink harness today. My boy was girly today. :)
  • Only real male dogs can wear a pink harness. =D
  • Keep us posted!
  • You all have been right about how a Kai naturally knows how to be around other canines. Today during puppy class there were 9 puppies! We never had that many before and there were a few puppies that Kyuubi has played with before, but he just wasn't interested in the puppies he's played with. He went up and played with a few puppies who seemed a bit shy and got them to come out of their shell. He's such a good boy! He knows if he should just paw, run, or if it's okay to wrestle with another puppy.

During the middle of the video two of the smaller puppies in the class were able to fit through the divider they had up with agility equipment out and where they transport big dogs from the daycare. Silly puppies.

Towards the end of the video when the trainer had us go get our puppies and treat them, Kyuubi runs off to the other side of the class and when I stopped recording, he was playing with a pup that was in the corner the entire time, too afraid to come out to play. When we released them to go play again he went straight up to that same puppy and helped build up that pup's confidence! That pup started running around with all the other dogs.

Sorry for the bad video - there were so many puppies and so much going on haha!

• That video is really cute! He's a social butterfly, huh? That facility is so nice, I wish we had a place like that here.

----