Puppy Playdate Got Postponed (again)

13»

Comments

• edited November -1
    LMAO. Gingersnap puke. Funny.....

My dogs vomit when they eat grass too. Leaves, dried wheat stems, plants also do it. But they usually eat that stuff on purpose when they don't feel well.
  • edited November -1
    Jen/Tommy, Kuma did that for a while too (the yellow foamy vomit). Usually it was around 3 to 5 am after a full night's sleep. He did it about once a week a few months ago. He seems to have grown out of it mostly. Only has happened about 2 times in a few months. He does seem to hack/cough like he is trying to get something out of his throat though (even when I know nothing is there).

He rarely seemed to vomit (the yellow stuff, not the car stuff) on a full stomach, it was usually empty for quite a while (ie, overnight). Hopefully Sora will grow out of it too.
  • edited November -1
    Nemo doesn't vomit when he eats grass, he just gets grassy shits. Some times the grass likes to "stick out" and then he spins in circles like a maniac trying to pull it out.
  • edited June 2008
    We're dealing with carsickness with Kitsu too - glad to hear it is something they (hopefully) grow out of. Katja did tell us that most of her Shikokus have had problems with carsickness, so it may be a breed thing to some extent. Kitsu doesn't seem to be stressed by going in the car (she gets practice rides with her favorite chewy so she looks forward to being in the car), and can make it a fairly long distance (our vet is way out in the country), but she still pukes on around 1 out of every 2 car rides. She has been throwing up yellow slime occasionally, too - it definitely correlates with having an extremely empty stomach (she is still picky about eating/finishing her food and will occasionally skip a meal.) At least we're not dealing with "happy bladder" (we stay extremely low key and calm around her in general so she doesn't make a big deal out of seeing us after we've been gone), though there have been a few episodes of submissive peeing.

Funny that neither Miko nor Mura have little black toe dots like Kitsu!
  • edited November -1
    The yellow stuff, I think, is stomach acid and digestive fluids that build up when they haven't eaten for a while. The two times Kuma got the radioactive yellow foamy vomit, he had skipped dinner the previous day and threw up early morning. The first time I got a bit scared and created a discussion about it, I think, and phoned the emergency vet. The second, I just fed him normally after he threw up, but added some apple to his food, remembering what I always heard old people say, that apple is the stomach's soap. He loves apple.
  • edited November -1
    The yellow urka-gurkas!
    Reminds me of this: http://www.bark-n-blog.com/2008/05/25/four-types-of-dog-vomit/
  • edited November -1
    >Reminds me of this: http://www.bark-n-blog.com/2008/05/25/four-types-of-dog-vomit

Gross, but so so true.
  • edited November -1
    OMG...I haven't had a belly laugh like that from something on the internet in a while!
  • edited November -1
    That's a relief - I wasn't tooo worried, b/c she's fine otherwise, but I didn't like that I couldn't explain it. I'm hoping she grows out of it. She doesn't seem to stress in the car - I wouldn't say she loves it, but she sacks out. But if she's moving around, it's pretty much guaranteed she'll get motion sick.
  • edited November -1
    I just looked at the website - it's so true!!!! Absolutely! Hilarious. I've seen it all. Ah dogbabies.
  • edited November -1
    Alright, I am hijacking the playdate thread away from vomit and back to Mura and Miko!!
    Here is video (hopefully)

• edited November -1
    SO CUTE! Looks like they were playing really nice! Its like night and day from Ronan and Ahi's introduction when they were puppies. lol.

----
  • edited November -1
    That little black spot on Miko's tail is super cute!

It looks like they had a really great meet!