A Hachi update! 3/13/09

Comments

• edited November -1
    Jen that is AWESOME. Hachi looks SO at home. I bet she has never ending thanks for you and John and Tsuki and Kitsune for finding her such a wonderful life. That is probably why she was so receptive of all of you, she was giving thanks!
  • edited November -1
    it was tough to let her go, 6 months is a long time to live with a dog and it is still tough to come to terms with the fact that our home couldn't be hers, but if you could be around her now - you feel her relaxation - withOUT melatonin too! amazing. I do not regret bringing her in (finally!) and I feel like we did what we could with what we had, maybe we could have done more, but she needed to get out into her own space to really get a hold of what we tried to teach her - to trust and be happy. She is now, she emanates happy, and so does Pam. Last night was very special to me, to see that and realize that what is was meant to be.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, Hachi looks so happy! ;)

I'm so happy for her, what an incredible transformation.
  • edited November -1
    That's wonderful that Hachi has come into her own. She seems so happy and relaxed. You did a great job with getting her life on track.
  • edited November -1
    Yay for Hachi!
    There are many intangibles I can't even begin to describe about how good Hachi looks. You've done a great job Jen, and all your trials and tribulations I've read about seems like it doesn't compare to the contentedness (is that even a word?) I see in these pics of Hachi now.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    That's so wonderful. She looks right at home. You made a good match.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, I totally missed this earlier!

Jen!!! I am jumping up and down for joy! (Nola is looking at me like I grew antlers or something.) I am so happy for Hachi. She really does look super comfortable and happy. And no matter how you felt, know that you did the best thing in the world for her. You took her in and taught her what being a member of a family means. AND you found her a family she can happily call her own forever. I am so proud of you!

And congrats to Pam for helping to make the transition an easy one for Hachi. And for loving Hachi and giving her a chance. :)

YAY!!!!
  • edited November -1
    :) Thanks!
    I keep relooking at these pics, they are making me very happy today!
  • edited November -1
    I'm sorry jen, I did not realize that Hachi had been gone from your home for a few weeks. Work has been keeping me from the forum! I'm so happy she has a nice home! She looks happy!
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Melissa! We're so happy for her, we miss her but we are just loving that she's loving her new home!
  • edited November -1
    We had dinner with Pam and Hachi again, it was so nice. She is even more playful and more at peace than the last time we saw her! And this after all her holiday travels from Scranton to Cleveland to Butte to Sante Fe to Scranton - lots of shake up and change but Hachi managed. She and Pam have this great communication base with one another. Its so wonderful, just utterly wonderful.. this visit was just what I needed this weekend.

We brought Tsuki and Kitsune this time:
    cautious kitsune warmed up fast after he saw hachi
    she just played and played
    flash! ack!
    they played so much they were actually sleeping by the time we were leaving!

My darling... I miss her, but seeing her at home is really the best thing ever.
    From Hachi <3
  • edited November -1
    So good to see Hachi!
  • edited November -1
    Yay!!! I missed Hachi <3 ~
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear it!
  • edited November -1
    I missed this the first time. Sorry.

Wow! She's really at home, it's so great to see her like that!
    Your work paid off!
  • edited November -1
    It is so great to see Hachi at ease and at home. I agree with Rui, your work really paid off. :)
  • edited November -1
    I am thrilled for Hachi, that is AWESOME!!!

Jen you are always obscured when do we see you?
  • edited November -1
    never. you never see me. muahaha.

no, I dunno, I'm usually the one taking the pics so I'm never in them!
  • edited November -1
    I demand Jen spam!

lol :) ~
  • edited November -1
    ok, i got one for ya:

bitchin, right?
  • edited November -1
    haaaaaaaachi was here today :)))
    I got to watch her at our place for about 3.5 hours then we went to the dog park (no pics from that, sorry).
    Hachi is still doing wonderfully. She was also pretty cool to watch at the dog park, she kept correcting this 5 month old 'doodle' that was BEYOND rambunctious! She was right on it, like a school marme.

In-house play and lounge pics:
    she made herself 'at home' on my bed in less than 10 mins
    funny kitsu

a video is uploading...
  • edited November -1
    There's always something wonderful about a mini-pack of shibas playing together.
  • edited November -1
    So good to see Hachi!
  • edited November -1
    Wow, Hachi looks great! Im glad she got to come over and see her buddies.

Why no dog park spam? FAIL
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Jen for the update! She looks wonderful... really happy and comfortable....
    truly like she is coming into her own.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    I'm sorry I am so late to this thread - seems I missed it all.

It's wonderful to hear how well Hachi is doing, and it's sweet she gets to come and stay with you guys. She seems to be doing great [she is also really cute]!

Great job Jen!

----
  • edited November -1
    I just love how they lay down with their legs stretched out behind them! Dog Yoga at it's finest!
  • edited November -1
    We call that lay down the "living Shiba rug"
  • edited November -1
    LOL!! Don't think there could be a cuter rug!
  • edited November -1
    Sooooo adorable!! I would love to witness the Shibs all together!! It's so great that Hachi has 2 families that love her so dearly!
This discussion has been closed.