Kaia dislocated her hip (AGAIN!) - needs surgery for real this time. :o(

Comments

• edited November -1
    Good luck Kaia!!
    !
  • edited November -1
    wishing all the best to lil Kaia for a clean surgery and a smooth recovery.
  • edited November -1
    I thought about Kaia when I got up this morning. I am sending her happy healing vibes for a smooth surgery and recovery.

Keep us updated!
  • edited November -1
    Good Luck little Kaia! Thinking of you and wishing you a smooth surgery and speedy recovery!
  • edited November -1
    She is in our thoughts today and tomorrow-to a speedy healing process and a pain free future.
  • edited November -1
    I'll be sure to keep Kaia in my thoughts I'm sure it'll go well.
  • edited November -1
    Good luck Kaia!!! Keep us posted on how she is when the surgery is over.
  • edited November -1
    Thinking good thoughts, healing thoughts for Kaia.

Yes, pls keep us updated.
  • edited November -1
    My heart was thumping the entire time Lilith was away for spay - and we've spayed/neutered dogs before her. Can't imagine what it's like to have a surgery like this.

Here's to hoping for a good outcome.
  • edited November -1
    Well, Kaia is our of surgery. Surgeon said it went well and she is recovering nicely. We can pick her up tomorrow at 10am. We are going to go by and visit her in a few hours before they close.

Thanx all for the well wishes. :o)

----
  • edited September 2009
    Thanks for the update!

Wishing a speedy and easy recovery.
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    how was the visit? Glad it all went well! Wishing a speedy recovery as well...and rehab..
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear Kaia did well in surgery! I know that must have been nerve-wracking. What a strong little trooper she is! Looking forward to shaved hip spam :)
  • edited November -1
    Kaia was pretty out of it after her but doing well. We will be picking her up in a few hours. I cannot wait to have her home.
  • edited November -1
    I hope she'll be up in no time and start picking fights with the bigger dogs! (I love that picture where she's playfighting with one of your COs)
  • edited November -1
    Is recovery ~6 months like it is for a total hip replacement? No hard floors, bed rest, etc?
  • edited September 2009
    Awww, poor Kaia. Glad the surgery went well and she is on the road to recovery. On a related note, which of your pack do you think will be most affected by her recovery? Excluding you and Jen of course...

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    Well, she is home.

Taos

She is not very happy, but she does seem more mobile than before. She has some serious pain meds, so she should feel pretty good through her recovery.

Recovery time is 4 weeks, not too bad! We will be looking into a place in Santa Fe for rehab.

----
  • edited November -1
    Oh little Kaia - best wishes during recovery! She's a lucky pup to be an "anderson" :)
  • edited November -1
    awww.. "Now all the kids at school are gonna make fun of my missing fur :("
  • edited November -1
    Hate that sad shiba face. Speedy recovery, Kaia! Hopefully she'll feel much better than before.
  • edited November -1
    Not trying to be cruel, but I think her naked butt is adorable.
  • edited November -1
    Aww! Poor little Kaia and her naked hip. I am glad that she seems to be more mobile already. That has to be a good sign.
  • edited November -1
    Glad she's home ! Poor pup, I've said this before, but doesn't hurt to say again..here's to a very speedy recovery and rehab!
  • edited November -1
    Oh poor little Kaia. Her incision looks really nice and clean. Here's praying for a full and speedy recovery.
  • edited November -1
    Awww Poor Kaia! Lots of love and speedy recoveries to you! Naked Kaia is TOO cute :P
  • edited November -1
    Oh, Kaia. You're going to be all better now!
  • edited November -1
    Youre home, Kaia! And will soon feel SOOO much better!
    no more slip-o'-the-hip.
    Strong dog
    You are HOME.
    :)
  • edited November -1
    Oh poor thing...Here's to a speedy recover for Kaia
  • edited November -1
    poor kaia
    loads of love frm us and hopes she makes a speedy recovery!
    hugsssss
This discussion has been closed.