Since there are a lot of new folks...

124»

Comments

• edited November -1

i born in Mexico, but i lived almost all my life in Venezuela, right now im living in Florida.... in the past i have had german shepherds, shar peis, cockers, yorkies, cats, hamsters, mouses, tarantulas O.O a lot of animals, right now i just have my jackye Avy ^-^ and im in the search of a kai pupppy Smile

• edited November -1

Hello to everyone,

i'm new here from today, living in Belgium.  For just one week now i'm the proud owner of an adorable Shiba named Yaksha  Smile .  In the past i had a Yockshire Terrier, Rottweiler and a Labrador.  This time i wanted a wolf-like dog and because i live in a big apartment it became a shiba inu and do i love that little rascal!

He keeps surprising me with his intelligence,hygiene and cuteness.

In the distant future when i move to a house with a garden i will definetly make a choice between an Shikoku or Kishu Inu.

• edited November -1
    Welcome!  We would love to see pics of your baby and cant wait to hear great stories.
  • edited November -1
    Welcome Kris! Please do post pictures of your Shiba. It is an unofficial requirement that you introduce yourself with pictures of your dog. ;-)
  • edited November -1

I will very soon,  for the moment we are taking pictures with my gilfriends cell phone because we lack a camera at the moment, need to upgrade soon.  Tuesday i have some pictures online and then i introduce Yaksha.

Thanks for the welcome

• edited November -1
    oh a Kishu Inu, huh? how interesting!!!
  • edited November -1
    Hi Kris, welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to seeing some pics! Smile
  • edited November -1

Well, this is a long string (or thread?)... I'm from Mn. and work for a major bank.  My husband had the Mr. Mom job when the kids were younger, and now is Mr. Mom to Josephine (along with his other activities including spending quite alot of time in Northern Mn at a farm he is reforesting.  Our story of dog ownership is all about my husband, as he has found three dogs now out in the wilderness far from much human activity and rescued all three (each of these about 12-15 years apart).  So that is his true destiny, I believe.

Our current dog, Josephine, we found beside the road (literally) while on a road trip in the Southwest about a year ago when we stopped to photograph a beautiful rock.  She was just a puppy at the time.  We didn't know what she was (favorite Mn. dog is a lab mix, so that's what everyone guessed at first), but now believe there's a strong possibility she's a Kai Ken. 

I have been on this page for a month or two, following an encounter with a Kai Ken owner at the local off-leash park.  He stated unequivocally he believed her to be a full Kai Ken, and matched her up feature-for-feature with his dog of about the same age and gender.  Thus my quest to learn a bit more about the Kai Ken, and it has been great fun to connect with the others out here  while watching our Josephine grow and mature. 

As the new Kai Ken puppies owned by folks on this page age a little it will be fun to compare notes.  I see pics of a few Kai Ken's on Dogster that could be her brothers or sisters in looks.  And her behaviours match identically to Kai Ken's seen on some You Tube videos shot by their Japanese owners (you can find via another thread in the subject area of Kai Ken.

That's my story.  It's always long, but I'm sticking to it.

• edited November -1
    baanton - what an exciting discovery for you!! Do you like what you are finding out about the breed?
  • edited November -1

tsukitsune-- We love the breed/dog!  Josephine is so social, she thinks every dog, cat or human being is her best friend (forgot to say we have 3 cats here too, Don Juan, G-3 and Tafari--- names are courtesy of our daughter, the proud cat owner).   She is extremely loving, and also craves contact from us and the other animals.  Maybe some of that is separation anxiety (having been lost for a week or two), but most of the time it just seems like pure exuberance.   I have read the Kai Ken are reserved with strangers, but that is one of the breed characteristics lacking in her! 

If you'd like to take a look I have 4-5 video clips of her on Dogster, where I have her listed as a Kai Ken, and will be the only one named Josephine so she is easy to find.  We are also noticing how she loves to hunt.  I will post a new thread soon regarding her (unexpected) hunting prowess, but am waiting for a picture from my husband's camera to go with it.

• edited November -1
    Hi Baanton, nice to see you are still around, have not heard from you in a bit. :c) Hope everything is going well with you and your pack (of cats, a dog, and humans).