MadShiba Picnic 2009 (Madison, WI)

Comments

• edited November -1
    One of us really needs to win the lotto and build a nihonken.org compound somewhere.
  • edited November -1
    Any Ohio-ites have any suggestions for a good, reasonable dinner in the Cleveland area? Thats our Friday night plan.

We plan to get into Madison around 11 or 12 on Saturday, check in and head to the park.

We'll probably stay Sunday for a little bit, but we might have to help with a foster shiba in the Pittsburgh area, if we do then we have to leave very early Sunday.

We are super excited to meet everyone, for the picnic, and Saturday night beer & pizza!
  • edited November -1
    I am so jealous! I really wish I could be there... But, I will have to live vicariously through everyone's photos. :-D
  • edited November -1
    ditto!
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    Thanks Brandon!
  • edited November -1
    I really wanted to go to this picnic and bring Saya with me, but sadly I can't my mom's going with her dad to california so he can she his brother around that time. =\

I was so looking forward to meeting you all, seeing your dogs, and showing my little queen to everyone ah well will you be doing this next year right? Maybe by then I'll get my drivers license.
  • edited November -1
    No, next year we are inviting ourselves to the Anderson Ranch, remember ;) It's closer to me anyhow.
  • edited November -1
    So the group of people who are confirmed has grown to be pretty big. I think it will be best if we go to a different place for dinner. I'm going to call another local pizza place to see if they could handle a group our size. After we are done there we could go to the Ale Asylum for more drinks. The Ale Asylum just isn't setup for really large groups and there is only ever one server for the whole place, they don't even have a real kitchen, just a couple of those counter top pizza ovens.

The place I am thinking of now is Glass Nickel:

http://www.glassnickelpizza.com/Locations/madison-east.html

They have a nice beer and wine selection, and great pizzas. Not very far from the hotels either, and the Ale Asylum is on the way back (kind of).

-Brandon
  • edited November -1
    Sounds great! Thanx for arranging all this Brandon.
  • edited November -1
    I agree, sounds great and thanks for organizing!
  • edited November -1
    Yes, thanks Brandon
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    We're up for anything! :D Thanks Brandon!
  • edited November -1
    Hi Brandon, (Sorry --- at the risk of repeating myself --- can't remember if I said this before): Our first night with Josephine we celebrated with beer and pizza... so we are pumped with any good place(s) that wil serve that up. You know the restaurants best, so we are good to go for Saturday night. Thanks so much for making the arrangements --- can't wait to meet everyone!

How about if we leave messages for one another as we check in on Friday, and then can find a place to meet for dinner on Friday night?

Thanks,

Bev
  • edited November -1
    Does everyone want to exchange cell #s? Maybe not on here, whispers or emails?
  • edited November -1
    Well folks, I have bad news...

I will not be attending the picnic... BUT Jen (wife) will be attending with our "surprise guest". I'm really very sad about this, but we have no choice. I'm really gonna miss seeing all of you, I have been looking forward to this picnic for a year now. :o(

On a happy note, Jen is much cooler, more fun, better looking, and nicer than me... So you will be in good hands.

[please take lots of pics and vids as I know Jen will not]

[I also want detailed descriptions of Ahi's violations of everyone who attends - please]

----
  • edited November -1
    That is a bummer, I was already depressed about not being able to go myself.. I bet everyone going will have a blast though - please take lots of pics!!
  • edited August 2009
    oh boo Brad, and I was so excited to meet you in WI...Well at least Jen and guest will still be going, meeting some is better than meeting none
  • edited November -1
    Wow. That sucks Brad. Work?
  • edited November -1
    That's too bad you can't go Brad atleast Jen is able to go. I wish I was able to go, but things came up so I'm not able to make the drive, but I'll be sure to come to the next meetup type thing that I can go to.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    We're so excited for the picnic! I have a million things to do beforehand but I can't get motivated to do any of it! I can't wait to meet all of you! :)

What's the final count of forum members coming?
  • edited November -1
    I really can't wait (so dreading the drive though), will be leaving in less than 12 hours
  • edited November -1
    Final Count:

Beth and Tom
    Pam and Tim
    Jen Anderson and Special Guest
    Dave (well I guess he's a former forum member)
    Bev and Steve
    Dave (TwoSocks) and Victoria
    Me
  • edited November -1
    Yay, peoples
  • edited November -1
    :(

Enjoy the meetup everyone!
  • edited November -1
    Aww, good luck with the neuter Jen. Safe travels everyone!
  • edited November -1
    Enjoy, and have fun! We expect TONS of spam... so do not forget the cameras!
  • edited November -1
    Well, Jen left today and is headed to WI. Expect her to be in late tomorrow. She has Lani, Loa, and Ahi with her.

Hope you all have fun!

----
  • edited November -1
    Have fun everyone! Kayden, Jens and I would love to make the drive down from MN but the special olympics team I coach has a state tournament this weekend and Jens is headed to Japan for a buisness trip. I'm looking forward to the pics!
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Let Jen know that if she wants to stop in 'ol St. Bob tonight, we have an extra room for her and an empty room for Lani, Loa and Ahi! :P

I can't wait!!