MadShiba Picnic 2009 (Madison, WI)

124»

Comments

• RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Well, we're getting ready to leave! Ryu must have been really excited because he couldn't sit still all night (we let them sleep in our bed b/c their crates are in the car). After a restless night, we're up and ready to see Uncle Brandon!

SO EXCITED!!!
  • edited November -1
    Steve, Josephine and I will be on the road in an hour or so... compared to the long-distrance roadtrippers that have been enroute for a day or two now, it will seem like a jaunt to the corner store for us, I guess! Can't wait to meet everyone, and will share pics for those who couldn't make the trek this time...
  • edited November -1
    SO JEALOUS!

I will be there mentally because my brain sure isn't at work today :)
  • edited November -1
    Fun! Drive safe all! I am super jealous too. :oT

Jen and guest should be arriving around 5PM today.

----
  • edited November -1
    I cannot wait to see the pics and to find out how things went. Will have to slug through life until I can see the spam...
  • edited November -1
    Who is guest? Can those of us that had to stay back (and got misty eyes) know now?

So jealous!!!
  • edited November -1
    Sure, I think most people have figured it out anyway due to FB status updates. LOL

It's........... (drum roll)

Romi! :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    as soon as she posted that she was flying out of Cali, I had a feeling...
  • edited November -1
    Wow... I never put two and two together lol!!! Yay for Romi!!! :o)
  • edited November -1
    Did I ever mention that some of you are slightly crazy for driving this far. However we have nearly 80 people paid and RSVP'ed for the picnic and the weather is supposed to be 72º and sunny, which is pretty perfect. Maybe a little cool for pumping up the sales of our root beer floats and ice cream.

I'll take as many pictures as I can, I'm usually pretty busy though.
  • edited August 2009
    Man I wish I could go Saya would've had alot of fun with other shiba inu ah well I'll go next year there's a few local charity dog walks so I'm going to them to donate. =)

I hope everyone has a good time. =)
  • edited November -1
    Pam has promised to take lots of photos, as well. I am crazy jealous about missing it, but I am sure there was a purpose....just really hard to remember it with my eyes clouded with envy.
  • edited November -1
    I am that crazy to drive that far, if I didn't have to have my wrist surgery I would be in WI right now! Im super jealous and can't wait for the pictures :)
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    we're here! just got back from eating dinner with Brandon, Jen, Romi, Bev and Steve at a lovely Indian place. can't wait for tomorrow. pretty darn tired with two hyperactive Shibas with no intention of sleeping anytime soon :)
  • edited November -1
    so jealous! Glad you guys made it there safe, has any one heard from Beth and Tom yet?
  • edited November -1
    Dave should be getting in pretty soon, too
  • edited November -1
    I told Romi, Dave, and Jen to share some pics from the meet up on our Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/YamabushiKennel. So check it out if you want updates (hopefully they will post some).

----
  • edited November -1
    Duh! I have a Nihonken twitter... I should have used that one! I'll do that next time, I guess. :o\
  • edited November -1
    I am so jealous. I had all intentions of going today as I only live about 90 minutes away, but my mother decided to throw my father's surprise 60th birthday party today. I hope everyone has a wonderful time and enjoys our lovely state. maybe next year............
  • edited November -1
    Jealousy has officially taken over my being...sigh...
  • edited November -1
    It was a good time, and it looks like we broke a record for funds raised.
  • edited November -1
    Also, I was so busy I only took one picture of Ahi. I'm so bummed. She's in her kennel too. :(
  • edited November -1
    I'm glad to hear there was a record on funds raised. I'm glad you guys had a good time!
  • edited November -1
    The pics posted via twitter are awesome!

Yay on the funds! Hope next year is even better.
  • edited November -1
    We demand more pics!
  • edited November -1
    You know... The first thing I did when I got home from my crazy bike ride was to check for photos... Everyone must be waiting until they get home to post. :'(

Drive safe everyone! And before you unpack... upload those pictures! hehe.
  • edited November -1
    I'm late on this but I have to say 1 thing...Brandon it is NEVER too cold for ice cream and floats!