How cold is it where you are?

edited December 2008 in General
Here in the Orlando / Kissimmee area of the Sunshine State [ For those outside the States read; Southern USA where Disney World is ] it is 46°F outside, slowly dropping down to 32°F tonight :(

When I woke up this morning it was 39°F!

I can't imagine how those of you up north are doing! I remember being in NJ & Up-State New York during winter & freezing me ass off! :(

What's more strange is down here it's never cold in December, usually people are still wearing shorts. Our winter normally doesn't hit til late January / February.

Makes me feel kind of anxious :\ ~

Comments

• edited November -1
    Lol well you can't just say where Disney is, I'm where Disney is too, just DisneyLAND and not world :P

Anaheim is at 57F right now, it says low will be 48F.
  • edited November -1
    About 6 Celsius and VERY rainy :( aww I'll be in SOCAL in 2 months :)
  • edited November -1
    lol so corrected Rina ;)

How can it be colder down here than over there?! No fair :( ~
  • edited November -1
    Hehe I am just in a smart alecy mood lately :P

I have no idea Osy, you have all the humidity too.
  • edited November -1
    28 Degrees in the East Metro Atlanta Area
  • edited November -1
    It's about 1 C at the moment (I believe that's about 34 F) but on Wednesday it could get as low as -11 C (12 F)! I'm not looking forward to it.
  • edited November -1
    right now... 34F
    Tomorrow high 44F
    Thursday 52F
  • edited November -1
    right now we are at 48F
    Today was about 60F
    Tomorrow we are supposed to be around 38F with chance of snow (hopefully not the snow/sleet we got over Thanksgiving that melted as it hit the ground)
    Thursday we are looking at 38F, but by Sunday they (the weather people) say we should be back to around 50F.
  • edited November -1
    Right now it's 38F here, low tonight is 23F. Today was a rather nice day, kinda warm.
  • edited November -1
    30F right now.
  • edited November -1
    Right now (9pm) it's 49 degrees... it was really warm and nice today, I even wore shorts and a long sleeved shirt, no jacket! :oD
  • edited November -1
    I have no idea, but I know that I'm always freezing my butt off, and it snows a lot, so i'm guessing somewhere around 20-30 degrees.
  • edited November -1
    Right now it's 34. The temp is going to drop all day though. Highs for this weekend are in the low 20s, with lows in the single digits.
  • edited November -1
    Right now 33 (8am), but the high will be 47. Over the weekend high temps will run in the low 30s.

So the answer to your questions is too f'in cold.
  • edited November -1
    I miss California...

Benicia CA (where my mom lives) high today is 57F
    Los Angeles CA (where my sister lives) high today is 67F
    Hull MA (where I live) high today is 45F

Im never going to get used to east coast weather...
  • edited November -1
    Kristin I'll trade you :( I want it to be colder
  • edited November -1
    Right now it is about 22F, with a high of 34F. However, it is supposed to be sunny (which is a change for once), so it will feel warmer! I think it is supposed to get a bit warmer over the weekend, though with highs in the lower 40s.

Either way, I am too cold and want to go to Australia or Argentina, where it is nice and warm. :)
  • edited November -1
    My husband and I are finally taking our honeymoon (we were married last May) in February and we are going to the Bahamas. I can't wait to get out of the dreary cold and to someplace tropical...I want to go now. :P
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Missouri - 42F , feels like 37F

Hawaii - 70F, feels like 70F (at 4 am, no less!)

*cries*
  • edited November -1
    Kristin, if you're not liking east coast weather now, just wait until winter actually starts. You're in the Boston area right? *laughs maniacally*
  • edited November -1
    31°F, Feels Like 25°F but its sunny! I don't mind winter, I just wish we'd have some snow!
  • edited November -1
    34F right now here in my neck of the woods (ohio) But it's nice and sunny. Should get into the low 40's today? We've had snow the last SEVERAL days. Nothing major, but enough for Honey to play in. During our walk last night she walked about three blocks with her nose to the ground and her tongue out, just dragging her tongue as she walked. Silly pup.
  • edited November -1
    Yup Dave. I live 20 minutes south of Boston right on the Ocean so it's MUCH colder there than inland. I moved to the area in 2005 so this will be my 4th winter. Im never ready for winter...
  • edited November -1
    Now (8pm) - 12ºC - 53,6ºF
    Thursday - 16ºC - 60.8ºF
  • edited November -1
    I prefer winter to summer, the only part I don't like is the shorter amount of daylight.
  • edited November -1
    Right now: 17 degrees F

Next 4 day temperature highs: 19, 24, 26 and 25 degrees F respectively

It's winter in MN -- what can I say! Of course, I wish it would snow! Everything is kind of drab and brown or gray or black --- that whiteness brightens everything up and gets us outside skiing and skating and sledding and walking and ice fishing....
  • edited November -1
    I'm in Tampa, FL. I agree with Sangmort. It got abnormally cold a few nights ago. It's about 70ish here. The mornings are about 10-20 degrees colder.

I like seeing the people waiting for the bus in flip-flops... They keep holding on to their feet to warm them up lol They wear huge jackets, long pants, a beanie, and flip-flops in Florida :)

-Joe
  • edited November -1
    Just got in from a long walk with Remy and it's -1C (30F), feels like -7C (19F). Forcast high is -12C (10F) for the next couple days. This is pretty average winter temps here in southern Ontario, though sometimes in late January we get down around -28C (-18F)...that is frickin cold!!
  • edited November -1
    I am going to miss having snow on the ground this year at Christmas time, but I won't miss driving in it!!! I guess if I get really motivated I could just drive to Mt. Hood for some snow fun :o)

Today it's 53F and there's an Ale Fest going on downtown!!!! Totally excited to drink some local beers around the giant tree :oD
  • edited November -1
    It was 3º(F) when I got up today, in the negatives with wind chill. We took a very short walk.

It's a little too cold, a little too early this year. Where is my early December with Mid 20's and Low 30's. I like winter, but I like to be able to walk the dog too.

I guess it is getting up to 20º and sunny this afternoon, so we should be able to take a nice long walk.