Ryu and Roxy Adventures (New Spam 8/18)

Comments

• edited November -1
    None taken. I'd rather snuggle up with them than with me too.
  • edited November -1
    LOL, you guys make me giggle!
  • edited November -1
    I don't know, Rui's pretty big and cuddly looking.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    kinda like Hilo!
  • edited November -1
    But Hilo's cuter!
  • RyuRyu
    edited March 2009
    Took some snow spam yesterday and found a video from our beautiful 73 degree day just three days earlier.

Enjoy!

**Notice Tim is out in the elements while I stay on the deck :D
  • edited November -1
    LOL, Roxy is so freaking cute! I love how she plays, just like Sake!

They look like they LOVE the snow. Fun spam!
  • edited November -1
    The Shiba bunny hops in deep snow are the best. We have Takara right now, she screams like Roxy when Nemo gooses her too hard.
  • edited November -1
    Roxy running around in the snow is hilarious!
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Yea - Roxy can be a drama queen. You can tell that she wasn't hurt but just didn't want Ryu's big belly knocking her down in the snow :)

I love the prancing. It cracks us up :)
  • edited November -1
    I agree, the prancing is adorable! Great spam. :-)
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Hi guys!

The weather has been abnormally nice lately so the puppies have had some great outdoor time. Yesterday, it was 78 degrees with bright sunny skies so we went for a 2-hr walk on post. I walked them on a coupler this time (I usually do this if we're around traffic or people because it's easier to handle one leash) and they had a blast.

Ryu is being a pickle though. For the past few weeks, he's been in a *disobedient mode*. For instance, when it's dinner time, they are supposed to go into their crates and sit before I hand them their dinner. Roxy has it down pat and will immediately run to her crate and sit. Ryu has decided that he is above this rule now. He won't even get inside of his crate, much less sit down. Then yesterday, he knows that when we come to a crosswalk, he has to sit before we cross. We stood there for 15 MINUTES because he refused to sit. AUGH. Meanwhile, Roxy is sitting, laying down, ANYTHING to get us to cross. I hate that I can't reward her for the good behavior without showing Ryu that he can get away with whatever he wants. Any suggestions?? : D

Now for the *not-so-good* spam:
  • edited November -1
    They look like they are having so much fun! Even coupled together! (Do they ever get snarky leashed that closely? I would LOVE to put Bella and Nola on the same lead, but am afraid they might not like being so close.)
  • RyuRyu
    edited March 2009
    They haven't had any issues so far. If anything, Roxy just gets pulled by Ryu. She likes to explore (ie. go off to the sides) and Ryu just charges ahead. So she gets yanked pretty often. But she gets him back when he's trying to take a tingle :) I'll probably make their coupler a little longer so that they have more distance from each other but I like that I can just grab the adjoining the piece when people approach or when crossing streets.
  • edited November -1
    You have to love those Shiba naughty phases. Sounds like Ryu is trying to prove he is a man.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. Silly Ryu. I know what you're going through with Ryu. Unfortunately, I don't have any good advice. My bad advice would be to just be more stubborn than he is.

I love the 5th picture. Roxy looks stoned. :-)
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    So, I come home from some shopping today and Ryu's limping. I check his back left paw and the inside of one his toes is rubbed raw and is blotchy. I cleaned it up and put some ointment on but I have no idea what happened. Has anyone been through this?
  • edited November -1
    Is he still limping today? Nemo has had this happen before. Not sure if he cut it on the ground, or chewed it raw when home alone one day. I'm pretty sure I mixed a bit of ointment with a bit of diluted tea tree oil and kept putting that on there until it was healed. Tea tree oil stinks and a bit of it will keep Nemo from licking/chewing on a spot. You could probably treat it with some musher's secret too if you have that.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about his paw, poor guy. I hope he's better.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    He was noticeably better yesterday (no limping, but not running either) and this morning, he's good as new. I checked out the sore and it's scabbed over. He's still a little sensitive to touch but he's walking fine. He was cute with his little wrapped up paw though :)

Thanks guys!
  • edited November -1
    Ick, poor Ryu! Kitsu has done this to himself - and we put bag balm on it and in a few days it was fine.

p.s. fun spam above - Roxy and Ryu are quite a pair!
  • edited November -1
    Glad Mr. Ryu is feeling better!
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Thanks everyone! He's such a lovebug too. When I got home, he came struggling up the back steps just so he can get some kisses and head scratches in, even though he only had 3 working legs. :) It was beyond cute.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    So, today I noticed that the pups were quiet. Which, as most of you know, usually means they're up to no good. I finally find them in my bedroom... snuggling! :)

Ryu wasn't pleased that I ruined the mood:
  • edited November -1
    Awww! That first shot of Roxy is as if she's posed.
  • edited November -1
    Awww...

Ryu "Mom, you screwed up the mojo!"
  • RyuRyu
    edited March 2009
    haha. yea I guess I did! That's what moms are for!
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Caught them playing today as well :)

• edited November -1
    Pam: Have missed major portions of this thread! What extreme weather conditions you had! Wow! The videos of the doggies playing in the snow are hilarious! Makes you wish you could have snow more often, no doubt (or maybe not?!)! They are cuties! Thanks for sharing all the pics!
  • edited November -1
    It's funny to see that video. Despite how long that toy is...they both fight for the same section of it.

Jesse
This discussion has been closed.