Ryu and Roxy Adventures (New Spam 8/18)

Comments

• edited November -1
    lol, Jesse, its definitely a shiba thing! There could be 10 bones on the ground, and if ther eare two shibas, they will fight for the same one. Every time.

They look great, Pam! Ryu's collar is quite fancy!

I dunno how I missed it, but in the last set of pics, where they are wearing the coupler leash, and Roxy is smiling... that is the PERFECT shiba face! I love it!
  • edited November -1
    I love that the tug toy is super long, but Roxy is trying to get at the tiniest bit!
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Haha My favorite part is when she walks away, Ryu follows her like he's saying "Don't go! Here, you can have it, I promise!"

Bev: We've been having beautiful weather in the high 60's all week and now we're expecting snow this wknd. I'm not a fan. :( lol

Thanks Jen! I got tired of the same old collar for Ryu so I put him in something brighter and more colorful :) I love it.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Well, I woke up today to 8 muddy paws! It has been raining all morning so we had some indoor play time.

Roxy proving that there is no such thing as an "indestructible" dog toy :)
    From Ryu and Roxy
    From Ryu and Roxy
    From Ryu and Roxy
    Videos coming up soon :)
  • edited November -1
    Indestructable dog toys are a joke. Whizzer is the best at destroying toys that claim to be indestructable.

Roxy's markings are really great.
  • edited November -1
    Roxy is so cute Pam! I love the look on her face in the second one with her ears back and her eyes wide. Lucy has a similar look on her face when she's really into a toy.

Big *HUGS* for Roxy. :-)
  • RyuRyu
    edited May 2009
    The videos are taking forever to load so I'll post them one at a time:

Tug-o-war!

**The really hectic growling is Roxy!!*
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    I really think Ryu could play fetch literally all day long:

• RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Indestructible?? Riiiiiight...

• RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Now, that's teamwork!

• edited November -1
    Indestructible (LOL) .....we had the same problem....our shibas busted open the same toy pretty quickly in EXACTLY the same way...kept chewing on one end with the back molars til the seam gave. They had fun taking the "stuffin" out and workin it.... At least is wasn't the couch (LOL).

Yep Roxi is growing : )
    Snf
  • edited November -1
    Indestructible toys are Nola's favourites. The teamwork video is great! :)
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Time for an update on Ryu and Roxy!

Ryu is the same ol' lovebug - We are getting ready to say goodbye to our roommates (again). They stayed with us in HI for a few weeks before they moved here to MO last year. When we came to MO to join them, Ryu was uber-excited to see them again. This time, he senses that they are getting ready to leave again (moving boxes are out, we're starting to "divy-up" our belongings, etc.) and he's putting the cuddle moves on BIG TIME :)
    From Ryu
    I think he thinks Tim might try to leave too (since we've been in MO, Tim hasn't had to leave at all but everytime luggage pops out, he sticks to Tim like glue)
    From Ryu
    From Ryu
    My roommate snapped this family photo this afternoon during a nice, relaxing Sunday:
    From Ryu and Roxy
    Roxy is such a champ. Tim and I decided that our favorite thing is how she greets us. In the morning, Tim lets them out of their crates to do morning potty, and while he's sliding the latches, she flattens her ears and jumps up and down on her front two legs, all the while groaning like she's saying "Hurry Daddy! Hurry! I can't wait any longer!" and then she shoots out of her crate, runs into the living room and searches for a toy to grab before she'll go outside. It is the funniest thing ever. My favorite is when I get home from running errands and she prances in circles around me with flat ears and then somehow manages to get one of my fingers between her teeth and does this half-growl/half-groan noise. I love it! She is such a goofball:

Who? Me?
    From Ryu and Roxy
    That's all for now! I hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • edited November -1
    Oh my goodness, Ryu is so cuddly. And wow, Roxy is looking very beautiful. :) I really like her markings.
  • edited November -1
    Awww too much cuteness all at once!!!
  • edited November -1
    Pam Sake does the Same "greeting" in the mornings and when we get home. Flat ears, toys in mouth, funny noises, circles, SO HAPPY! It is utterly adorable.

Your kids as always are TOO CUTE!
  • edited November -1
    They look fantastic! Beautiful little Roxy... <3 - and thats some tongue on Ryu - oh my!
  • edited November -1
    aw, Roxy is becoming such a pretty girl, and Ryu is too cute
  • edited November -1
    How adorable! You have such a cute family!
  • edited November -1
    Nola does the same greetings!

Ryu is such a sweetie. I wish my two would cuddle like that!
    And Roxy is growing up to become such a beautiful girl. She has such a sweet face. :)
  • edited November -1
    Such sweet kids.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Thanks! They can be sweet and terribly bad at the same time. But...such is the life of a Shiba :)
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Even though you all got a dose of high-quality Ryu and Roxy spam via Brandon - thought I'd offer some from the past week as well :)

It is HOT. Really sweaty, suffocatingly hot. Though I spent half my life in humid South Carolina, the past few summers in Hawaii really got me spoiled. I forgot how miserable a humid summer can be. ICK. Ryu, our little Hawaiian baby, can't handle it - he just wants to stay inside all day, no matter what. Roxy, on the other hand, loves being outside. She loves it so much that she'll go out, realize that you can't BREATHE in this heat, scratch at the door to come inside, and then ring the bell to go back outside a few minutes later, just in case it has cooled down a few degrees (which it never does). It is a never-ending cycle of scratching, bell-ringing, panting, and whining. She's driving me nuts. :D

Ryu is not amused by the heat:
    From Hot Summer Days
    From Hot Summer Days
    Roxy catching some zzzz's
    From Hot Summer Days
    Ryu has found a new napping spot LOL
    From Hot Summer Days
    Some outside time:
    From Hot Summer Days
    From Hot Summer Days
    I love Ryu's face in this one:
    From Hot Summer Days
    From Hot Summer Days
    From Hot Summer Days
    Laying on the cool floor:
    From Hot Summer Days
    And I'll end with a Happy Roxy pic :)
    From Hot Summer Days
  • edited November -1
    Nice shots Pam. I really like the b&w of Ryu on the couch and the action shots.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Dangit. Tim took those :(

LOL
  • edited November -1
    Everytime I really like one of your pictures, it's one that Tim took. Sorry about that.
  • edited November -1
    You kids look so happy. I love the "Ryu is not amused" pic.
  • edited November -1
    ugh it is super humid here, too! Roxy on the tile is what our shibas look like, too!

Awesome action shots!
  • edited November -1
    I feel you on the heat! It is crazy hot here, and humid.

Poor, poor Ryu. He looks so miserable in those first couple of photos. But still adorable!
    And Roxy is such a doll. :)

Nola lays on top of the air vents when she gets hot. It is pretty funny. I will have to get a picture.
  • edited November -1
    Those are great shots. Roxy is looking good and growing up so fast!
This discussion has been closed.