Katsu's Korner - Newborn furry potato SPAM!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Irene did you bring Shao New to the same place that Joe and Dawn just brought Katsu to?
  • edited November -1
    I don't think she did. We go to the same vet that Kathi from Bali Hai uses. It's out on the island a bit. I think Irene's is in Queens somewhere.
  • edited November -1
    Oh, ok. Just checking lol. Cuz if I were you guys, I probably would have wanted to know that info before her apt. :P
  • edited November -1
    Another stoopid question. They gave us pain meds and antibiotics (amoxacillin), is this normal?
  • edited November -1
    Post-op antibiotics are common. I had stuff for Mylo after he had 2 teeth pulled. I had to give him pre-op too, so there was less bacteria in his mouth for the surgery/cleaning.
  • edited November -1
    The brat went into her crate for the night, and we decided to sleep out in the living room. I woke up a hour and a half ago to the sound of licking. She had cleaned herself off, all the dried black blood was gone. The incision site looks a hell of alot better. Thankfully she didn't pop or lick any stitches out. It looks like she tweaked on a little, a little drop of blood. Not on the cut but where the stitch was anchored. We walked her and I hand fed her then we gave her the meds she was prescribed. I guess she's doped up again because she's sleeping on the floor with mommy. So far so good, we're going to call the vet and ask about the small amount of bleeding this morning, because we're paranoid.

joe
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Mylo, no we went to the animal hospital by me, sometimes close proximity is not necessarily a good thing. AFter her spay, we went back to the one by my parents out on LI...although I'm only 1 block away from the Queens / Nassau border..JOE...not THAT far should you have to come out here to work hehehe ;-) j/k

It's ok to get paranoid Joe, I'm always paranoid that if she gets lost, I don't know if I should be checking NYC ACC or the town of north hempstead animal control..she could be at either one...that would not be fun...hence all the crazy training and thick leashes ;-)
  • edited November -1
    Nola cleaned her incision site, too a few hours after we got her home. It ended up looking a lot better, but I made sure after that, that there was no more licking of the incision site.

Glad she seems to be doing well. And I am sure the little droplets of blood are nothing.
  • edited November -1
    So it's about 12:45 and Joe left for work. I feel like a new mommy with her newborn left alone at home for the first time! She's being pretty good but she keeps wanting to jump up on the couch. I think she's mad at me because I wont let her so she's hiding under our coffee table. She gives me these looks like, "why did you punish me? i didn't do anything wrong!" She's breaking my heart. I called the vet this morning just to ask about the 2-3 drops of blood we've seen coming from her stiches and they said it's normal. She probably just pulled on the stiches a little. So i'm just watching it to make sure nothing else happens. otherwise the incision looks really clean, its not puffy or red or anything. i love her pink stiches though. i thought that was very cute that they did that. well she just went to go lay down in her crate so i'm just going to leave her in there for now and let her relax. i'll post a little later if anything changes.
  • edited November -1
    its now 6 o'clock and everything has gone pretty well so far. she's gotten up a few times but for the most part she's just laying in her crate. must be a spay/pain thing because she never really goes in her crate unless we tell her too (like if we're going out or going to sleep) but i'm glad that she looks at her crate as her little den to go relax and be left alone. she's all curled up so i cant get any recent pics of her incision and how clean it looks compared to yesterday but i have some sleepy/drugged up pics from yesterday and this morning.....

• edited November -1
    aww naked drugged up Katsu is soo cute.
  • edited November -1
    In these pictures it has really hit me how much she has grown! Katsu is on her way to being a big girl now. She is still as cute as ever though! :)
  • edited November -1
    here's a pic of her incision all cleaned up.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Lookin' good!! Love the stitches :)
  • edited July 2009
    Katsu's such a pretty girl...she even looks much happier now.

I'm glad you got the incision all cleaned...from that angle it doesn't seem as bad.
  • edited November -1
    ACtually she cleaned the incision.
  • edited November -1
    My, she's very self-sufficient!
  • edited November -1
    yeah it'd be scary to think what she'd do with thumbs
  • edited November -1
    WOW! The incision looks great! So much better than before. She seems to be healing quite nicely. Told you healing vibes work. I hope you shared some with her after your finger grew back. LOL. She looks so funny all drowsy and drugged up. =0)
  • edited November -1
    It's the end of day 3 and everything has gone really well. We just stayed home all day and hung out with the dog. She seems to be heeling quite nicely. She's jumped up on the couch a couple of times but it didn't seem to bother her and there is no more drops of blood coming from her stiches. She doesn't really bother the incision at all so we haven't had to put the lampshade on her (sorry guys, no lampshade spam) We still carry her down and up the stairs and TRY to prevent her from jumping on the couch but she's so quick. She's eating normally again and her poop is getting back to normal as well.
  • edited November -1
    Yay!!! Good work in healing, Katsu! I'm sure Mom and Dad are providing lots of upper-belly scratches and stinky treats?
  • edited November -1
    Katu is looking VERY good, much much better than Shao New did...but I accredit that to a better veterinarian, and no wall scaling/zoomies the first day high on an ovedose of drugs .. well that and you guys are pretty good parents ;-) Yay K!
  • edited November -1
    thanks irene. I'm emailing you the salesman info for tha alarm.
  • edited November -1
    Glad Katsu is healing so well!

Can't wait to see the little devil in September!
  • edited November -1
    Very glad to see that Katsu is healing quite well!
  • edited November -1
    Dawn noticed that Katsu had a little blood coming from her Vajayjay during class tonight. It's not gushing out and it's not dripping. I know the vet said she was close to going into heat, and our trainer said it isn't that serious. I'm definately calling the vet in the morning to double check. I looked online and the answers ranged from nothing serious to rush your dog to the ER. She's acting normal and the bleeding's stopped so I'll call the vet first thing in the morning and see what they say.
  • edited November -1
    That happened to Beebe a day or so after her spay-she had a little vaginitis before her spay and during her procedure we could see that her tissues appeared to indicate the beginnings of estrus.
  • edited November -1
    Healing thoughts to Katsu...she needs to be ready to go for September, it's going to be loads of CRAZY fun!
  • edited November -1
    The vet had said that Katsu was about to start estrus. I'm hoping that's what it is. I called the vet this morning and they didn't seem to concerned, but I'm going to take her in anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.
  • edited November -1
    Hope it turns out to be nothing and that Katsu is feeling better soon!
This discussion has been closed.