Introducing Chloe! (Adopted!!)

Comments

• edited November -1
    definitely mention that fact to them, if their dogs are vaccinated, not much to worry about unless Chloe is carrying a parasite of some sort that might transmit to them. They'll just have to watch their dogs for signs of it now, and you will have to watch your little adorable escape artist now too!

Has your heart stopped pounding yet? :)
  • edited November -1
    Silly Girl! At least your neighbors yard is fenced so she couldn't go on an even bigger adventure!

I agree with Dave, as long as your neighbors dogs are UTD on shots it's really Chloe that is susceptible to anything. Just let your neighbors know.
  • edited November -1
    Assuming your neighbors are reasonably responsible hopefully their dogs are vaccinated. So long as that is the case they should be fine. I would absolutely mention it to them. And perhaps Chloe has two new playmates...

It is nice to know that she can play with other dogs, and has the desire to do so.

This may be a happy accident.
  • edited November 2008
    I doubt it would be a problem if the neighbors dogs are vaccinated.....she has not been showing symptoms of illness has she?
    More likely she would pass parasites if she pooped in their yard. (yeah to what jen said....I just saw what she wrote. LOL)

Sounds like she had a blast....too funny! Yeah if anything Shibas should be used for border patrol. They will find the flaws in any fence line (LOL).

Snf
  • edited November -1
    LOL Snf. You make an excellent point! If it wouldn't contribute to the already rapidly increasing popularity of the breed, I think I'd start lobbying DHS to use them.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Whew - my heart is still pounding, Jen :) I just can't believe that she willingly went to their side. I mean, what happened to shy, timid rescue dogs?! And now that she's more confident, she and Ryu are both trying to play with each other through the barricades. I'm glad they're getting used to each other being around but that is going to make it harder for the other housemates to keep them separated. They aren't as steadfast as I am ;) To make matters worse, the Army Vet never scheduled our appointment and now we have to wait until Monday (URG) for her vax.

I think Ryu deserves a day at daycare after this week :)
  • edited November -1
    She's not in heat right?
  • edited November -1
    Lindsayt .....good point. Pam if Chole is healthy I would schedule the spay soon.

Note Some dogs are also friendlier than others based on their inherent personality. Each has a personality all their own and even under adversity some of them will thrive and do well. If the miller had kids and the dog was played with it may be just fine with daily stuff. You just never know what you will get.

Sounds like a nice girl you have. The stress to your own dog is what you have to buffer. If day care works for Ryu that's great as a tension buster.

Good luck
    Snf
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Lindsay - I hope not!!! Oh gosh, now I'm freaking out.... :( I looked up some symptoms and she doesn't have any bleeding or swollen nipples. Her vulva is a little swollen, but it has been since we got her. We're not sure if she just had a litter and it just hasn't gotten back to normal yet. Any other signs I should be looking for? Would the vet be able to tell from a pregnancy test as soon as Monday?

She is definitely getting spayed as soon as the vet clears her.
  • edited November -1
    Are your neighbor's dogs neutered? If so, there's nothing to worry about.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Oh my goodness Dave... Duh... I'm so busy freaking out that I didn't even to think that maybe the dogs are shooting blanks! I don't know though - I guess I could go over and stare at their behinds for charms dangling.... As a matter of fact, that's what I'm going to do. Be right back. LOL
  • edited November -1
    LMAO!
  • edited November -1
    Sorry to laugh but I am cracking up right now...I can just see Pam going hanging over the fence to check out the dogs behinds...Ryu is probably looking at her going "Okay Mom, you have officially lost it".

HA HA HA.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Alrighty, here's what I gathered.

1) Dog #1 is a Collie. Whose coat covers his behind. But I got him to run around the yard frantically and even with all that hair, if he had coconuts, I should have seen them peeking out. I didn't so I'm assuming he's ball-less.

2) Dog #2 is a Shih Tzu. He/She just sat there so I don't know if they are spayed or neutered. Or what sex they are for that matter.

3) Neighbor is a rude, wierdo. When I saw Chloe over there, I ran and rang the door bell a thousand times and no one answered. So I assumed no one was home. When I just went over and was staring at their dog's package (causing the Collie to bark frantically), I heard a man open the back door and say, "Shut your God D*** mouth" and shut it. I guess I could have yelled but he shut the door so fast that I doubt he would have heard me. So I ran over and rang the doorbell 3 times and he never answered! Needless to say, I've never met these neighbors.
  • edited November -1
    My co-worker just came over to my office to see why I was laughing so loud - she had to read the post.
  • edited November -1
    Have the vet check her out, they can still spay her if she is PG (early). Great news if she isn't, she can still get spayed between heat cycles. Better get her a chastity belt until then :)
  • edited November -1
    Also, as I understand it, females are only receptive to males during the middle 10 days (or so) of heat. If she's only slightly swollen, then odds are shes either coming in or going out of heat (I think?), so you're probably safe there too.
  • edited November -1
    Tim: "Hey hon, what'd you do today?"

Pam: "I spent the day perving on the neighbor's dogs. I wanted to take a peek at their junk."

:)

Yeah, that makes me giggle.

Jesse
  • RyuRyu
    edited November 2008
    LJ and Jesse- I'm glad I could entertain you with my frantic ball-searching quest. :D

Lindsay and Dave - thanks for the comfort! I guess we'll just have to see...At least until Tim comes home and I make him go over and talk to the wierdo neighbor :)
  • edited November 2008
    hahahaha Jesse!

Poor Pam! How long was she out there? Dog mating is not a short or quiet process, you'd have heard it.
  • edited November -1
    Hey Pam,
    At least you stopped short of physically jumping over the fence, snapping on some rubber gloves and physically examining them.

hmmm...that imagery also makes me giggle.

Jesse
  • edited November -1
    I just read this to my mom...we are dying!
    Im sure Chloe is good, she goes in tomorrow?
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Could you imagine what that dog-cursing neighbor would have done to me! Although I have to admit that it would make quite the funny picture.

Jen - maybe 3-5 minutes? Definitely 10 max, including the 5 minutes of me trying to coax her back through the fence....
  • edited November -1
    I can hear this conversation with Tim, also - and now he's going to either have to repeat the dog perv process or talk to weirdo neighbor. I vote for stealth dog perv mission personally.
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    Rachael - she goes in on Monday - she WOULD HAVE gone in tomorrow if Private Hardy had done what she said she was going to do but of course not. That would be too efficient for the Army.
  • edited November -1
    LOL!!

Even if the other two aren't neutered, they take longer that that to get it done. Don't forget they stay trapped together after they finish and it lasts for a while.

She's such a cute girl!
  • edited November -1
    I am laughing so hard all the people at work are staring at me (i sit in the middle of the room). They must think Im crazy.

I second the motion on sending Tim on a stealth ball finding mission prior to talking to weirdo neighbor. And please...TAKE PICTURES!

HA HA HA HA HA
  • edited November -1
    I'm with LJ. I think Tim needs to execute a stealth mission and you need to get it on video! ;-)
  • edited November -1
    LOL, a simultaneous post...great minds think alike Kristin. ;-)
  • RyuRyu
    edited November -1
    You guys are just SICK! LMAO :)

Don't you know, out here in po-dunk Missouri, a man could get shot for this!