Comments

• edited May 2008
    Thanks for all the comments - here's a few more shots:

[

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

• edited November -1
    Jazz looks so much like a girl shiba. She seems to be the sweetest ever, wearing all those shirts and posing.
  • edited November -1
    Thank You! She thinks she is royalty and that is why she poses so much - mommyofniko can confirm Jazz's royal personality.
  • edited November -1
    I love Jazz! She was too cute at the park yesterday but also did very good! Growls but just to inform the socially inept pups. It is an honor to be in Jazz's presence.
  • edited November -1
    Jazz loves to hold court - no matter where the court may be!
  • edited May 2008
    While my ankle did not handle the 5k that well this past Saturday, Jazz did beautifully. We wandered around in the beginning for her to get comfortable. Of course, lots of people wanted to pet her and she gave her consent. I took a shot of the race/walk beginning and then got in line to cross. The race benefitted the church that I go to - basically building a playground. We had 200 show up and raised almost $4000 toward the goal. I do not walk very fast (at all) due to arthritis and the need to have knee replacement surgery on both knees. Jazz didn't pull at all - even on the hills - and was having the time of her life. Here's a few shots:

• edited November -1
    congrats on the fundraiser!
  • edited November -1
    That's great LJ. Sorry about your legs though. :-(
  • edited November -1
    Jazz looks so cute with her official race number and personalized harness.
  • edited November -1
    Well the ankle is not as swollen this morning - I'm thinking I may only need to use my cane instead of the blasted crutches (that I hate!!!!). I was able to stand without help and once meds kick in this morning - I think most of the pain will be gone.

Harlow - thanks - I got her harness personalized for when she becomes therapy certified. I still crack up at the number of people that ask me her name (while they are petting her). One good thing about the injury is it means that I had to get out my wheelchair, walker, crutches, and cane (I've had to use all of them at some point in my life - some due to injuries, some to illness, and others to the arthritis). Part of the therapy test involves Jazz being approached by each of these. On Saturday when I used the wheelchair, she was puzzled, but came up and sat beside me. She's not as fond of the walker, but seemed okay with the crutches - I'll find out how she feels about the cane soon.
  • edited November -1
    Glad to hear you're getting better LJ! My mom has rheumatoid arthritis, so I know it can be a huge deal.
  • edited November -1
    RA is a pain (literally!). I have several family members with arthritis and we try to just deal with it and go on. I was diagnosed at 15, but I chose to ignore and work through the pain. 20 years later, it makes me wonder if that was such a smart move. It took a lot of injuries and therapy to give up sports, which lessened some of the pain, but then because I wasn't working out like I had been, I gained weight -which is just as bad for the joints. I have fought with doctors about pain meds for years. As long as I can deal through the pain, I don't want to take them. Lately, that's been getting a lot harder to do. I know to take my meds before a major event and after, but still live as much of my life as I can without the meds. At some point, I will have to give in - my eldest brother made it until 42 before he started taking meds full-time.
  • edited November -1
    I'm sorry to hear that LJ, but I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better today!

Its also great to hear that Jazz did so well with all those contraptions you threw at her. She's such a sweet dog! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Thanks, Dave!

I'm really proud of her for doing so well. I'm going to be working more with her while I'm using the contraptions - like walks and what not. I will then transition to one of my nieces and nephews sitting/walking with them and I'll have her on leash and we'll walk up to them. This gives me more encouragement that she has the right stuff for the therapy dog certification.
  • edited November -1
    Here some video of Jazz from last night - I'm just playing with video record, so this one isn't real exciting.

• edited November -1
    and one more:

• edited November -1
    That is most playful I have ever seen her! I love it.
    I cant believe she still has that thick coat! Especially with the heat here.
  • edited November -1
    she is a doll!!
    How old is Jazz? I love her sweet little face!
  • edited November -1
    She had been running around for about 20 minutes before I thought to get out the camera to video. I'll try to get some when we first start and she's racing about.

I furminated thursday and removed enough fur for a puppy. We just got back from the park and Jazz did pretty well - she ran around for a few moments and then held court. She followed after a beautiful red/brown husky (he had long hair) for a fair amount of time.

Jazz turns five in July.
  • edited November -1
    Holy crap LJ!!!! There is a Shiba in that cute little body huh? I've never seen her that playful before either. Thanks for sharing! :-)
  • edited November -1
    She acts all reserved when others are around, but in her house, she gets a little crazy. I told you she was a shiba, she's just shy in front of others.

She has begun walking further and further away at the dog park, but still checking back to make sure I'm in the same place. The moment I turn and take a step, she's right beside me.
  • edited November -1
    She is really cute. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    She's super cute.
  • edited November -1
    Go Jazzy GIrl!
  • edited November -1
    SHe's pretty lowkey most of the time, which is why I want to capture her when she is doing some true shiba stuff.
  • edited November -1
    She's a Shiba in disguise! Around all the other Shiba kids she has to maintain her pose, she's lady. :-)
  • edited May 2008
    Okay, I finally got one of the shots from the actual 5K - this was about 75 yards from the finish line. My feet have finally recovered - we did a mile last night with no ill effects from the stone brusies, so we'll get back to our normal walking schedule soon.

Photobucket
  • edited November -1
    Great shot LJ! Jazz is all like "c'mon mom, I can see the finish. Hurry up!!!!"
  • edited November -1
    LJ, did you make Jazz' harness/collar? I want one that reads Jake!
  • edited November -1
    She definitely was - of course, she was probably also ready for her treats, too!
This discussion has been closed.