Katsu's Korner - Newborn furry potato SPAM!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Barely home and you already torture her, jk. Love the pics, she is so cute in the piggy outfit
  • edited November -1
    Casey, I think she would look cute in a Mets jersey! :P
  • edited November -1
    Very cute!

Hahaha thats funny that Katsu knows fetch already, cause her brother Space knew it immediately as well.

Is that a Shiba thing? Or just this wacky family?
  • edited November -1
    I think Alyssa taught them how to play. Katsu did good her first night, only a little crying before bed. She didn't have any accidents and went to the bathroom outside this morning.
  • edited November -1
    P1030685

"luke you must come with me to alderaan"

P1030730

"where's katsu"

so katsu doesn't like her doggy bed, she's taken over two old cushions instead.
  • edited November -1
    LOL. The torture continues. :-P
  • edited November -1
    Super cute!
  • edited November -1
    Cuter than cute!!!!
  • edited November -1
    here's some pics from today. we visited some family, and by the end of the day Katsu was pooped. However she just had another burst of energy and started doing some zoomies around the living room. She's also hunting for last nights chinese food that fell on the carpet.

P1030747
    P1030741

P1030732

P1030748

P1030738

P1030736
  • edited November -1
    Do you know what vengence poo is? I think if you keep up with the outfits, you will!!! LOL. She is adorable!
  • edited November -1
    She's very, very cute!
  • edited November -1
    What a cutie!
    I think Kristin is right, you're seriously asking for it. :-P
  • edited April 2009
    katsu says thanks for all the compliments.

she's been really good, it's only been 2 1/2 days so we're waiting for something to happen. it's weird though, she really doesn't protest the clothes. her collar bothers her more than anything else.
  • edited November -1
    Tortured or not, she is still super adorable! :)
  • edited November -1
    Katsu had her first vet visit since she came home. The vet said she's in great health, and her poop was worm free. She got a shot today and didn't even flinch or yelp. After the vet we stopped at the store to get some Grizzly Salmon Oil for her food, a toy, and some new treats. She really isn't into the wellness just for puppy treats we had gotten her, and seems to like these better.

She also had her first run in with our vacuum. She was pretty good until it got closer, then she tried to jump up on the couch.

So far so good otherwise. She continues to be an unreasonably good puppy, and is great with everyone she meets. She even did some advertising for this forum. A girl at the pet store was asking about shibas, so we told her do your research, buy from a reputable breeder, and check out Nihonken.org. She's also doing much better in the car and with steps, both up and down.
  • edited April 2009
    deleted video
  • edited April 2009
    deleted video
  • edited November -1
  • edited November -1
    Awwww she's such a cute little forum rep!!! Love it :o)
  • edited November -1
    ok so i take Katsu for a walk this morning and as she's walking around i notice shes got "a turtle head" poking out of her butt. all the sudeen she realizes whats happening and proceeds to spin like crazy until the little poop nugget goes flying and she went running in the other direction. i think the little nugget scared her or i scared her by laughing so hard!

Katsu also got a little treat today - we picked up some sashimi and Joe fed it to her with chopsticks
    here's some pics and a video

• edited November -1
    Sashimi? Damn, even I don't treat *myself* to sashimi very often. :-P

Looks like she's doing better with her collar!
  • edited November -1
    Can we say spoiled? ;-)

When I die, I want to come back as one of your dogs, lol.
  • edited November -1
    Now you made me hungry, aw but she looks so cute being spoiled.
  • edited November -1
    Wow, she is super adorable!

I was gonna get Sashimi for Sake tonight as a reward for being such a good girl in puppy class! I wonder how she would do with chopsticks?!?! LOL.
  • edited November -1
    She is so adorable. Especially when she is being fed from chopsticks. :)
  • edited November -1
    Have fun with shiba poo antics. They last well into adulthood, I presume since my female still goes a little wacky from them.
  • edited November -1
    yea she's a little spoiled i guess. we cant help it though, she's been so wonderful since we got her. the chopsticks didnt even bother her.
  • edited November -1
    so when its bed time we put Katsu in her crate which is in the living room and we go into the bedroom. she will cry and scream and howl for about 5 minutes then give up and go to bed. well last night when we put her in her crate i stayed there for a minute and sang to her and she layed right down and fell asleep. when i got up and went inside she didnt make a peep. anybody else ever try singing to their dog? if you have a doggy that cries in his/her crate try singing, it really worked!
  • edited November -1
    I sing to Miso and Sake a lot actually. When I am in the kitchen I am usually singing and they just lay on the floor relaxing.
  • edited November -1
    That is adorable!

Generally I would NOT eat off chopsticks that I am feeding a puppy with. Only because most of the time some low grade parasites are prevalent in puppies even if you have a negative lab culture from the vet or have recently wormed. For example: Giardia is on organism that is not species specific, meaning it can be transferred directly to humans. You never know, dogs can pick up parasites at anytime. Even if the dog has no symptoms it can at times pass an organism to others who are outside the normal host chain of the parasite. Tapes are another example since eggs are coughed back up. You most likely will be fine given where you Shiba has been purchased. However, I thought I would mention it in any case.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/Giardiasis/factsht_giardia.htm#transmission

Snf
This discussion has been closed.