Katsu's Korner - Newborn furry potato SPAM!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    we didnt eat any of the sashimi - it was all for her. we went to the store last night and bought a big thing of salmon sashimi for her and she got it all and then the chopsticks were thrown out - puppy kisses is one thing but i wouldnt eat off of the same thing she does. but thanks for the info i didnt know that dogs can transfer parasites to humans.
  • edited November -1
    See that's were I would have a problem (LOL) ..... I love Sashimi..... so I assumed that you were getting it for yourselves too. Good idea though for your pup if you can get it at a good price. It is expensive usually.

Snf
  • edited November -1
    Katsu watched the Rangers beat the Caps tonight. She wore her jersey, and got a treat everytime they scored. Afterwards she got the zoomies.

• edited November -1

• edited November -1
    Puppy Zoomies are just too cute.
  • edited November -1
    What Kristin said.
  • edited November -1
    Zoomies! :-D
  • edited November -1
    Today's the first meetup on the island. We're keeping Katsu home since she doesn't have all her shots. We'd love her to meet someother shibas, but we're not going to chance her health. Plus it'll be a good chance for her to spend some midday time in her crate so she can get used to it. Beth will be there with tetsu and tikaani, and we're going to bring our camera so get ready for some meetup spam later today.

• edited November -1
    very cute! Don't forget to take lots of photos at the meetup.
  • edited November -1
    P1030706
  • edited November -1
    Muadib!

Katsu "Muadib"
  • edited April 2009
    Dawn sings Katsu to sleep everynight when we put her in the crate, she's done it since the third night she's been home and she doesn't cry in her crate anymore. We were going out to get something to eat so when I stuck her in the crate I thought I'd give it a try. What did she do? POW! The little brat punched me in the eye through the door of the crate. Obviously she's not a fan of my singing. She was probably getting back at us for t"orturing" her while she slept last night. When we got back I threw the piggy costume on her. She's really an atypical dog in general as far as costumes go. She may not like them but she doesn't try to chew or rip them off. Spam to follow.

oinker!

more sashimi from bachan!

• edited November -1
    She's so adorable.

Maybe she's telling you she needs some TP next time she poos:) My dogs always freak out and spin in circles if there is a single flake of crap on their butts-eww, too bad Shibas don't have thumbs.
  • edited November -1

• edited November -1
    Well, I'm glad Tojo isn't the only one who freaks if he has poo on him. Once he had a poo get stuck while Noah was walking him. This was when we lived in town in an apartment, and she started screaming like a banshee while Noah tried to pull the poop off him with a plastic bag. People were giving him really weird looks. One guy asked him, "What are you doing to that dog's butt?"
  • edited November -1
    haha
  • edited November -1
    Oh what torture you but her through, but in the end she gets to eat sashimi and sung to sleep, their lives are so hard. Can't wait to meet your little "piggy"
  • edited April 2009
    Such a cute little puppy and those outfits are so cute where did you get your piggy costume it's so cute also that dog tag and collar looks really nice where did you get them?
  • edited November -1
    the pig costume was from a store in the Roosevelt Field Mall, I think it's called han niri. The dog tag my dad got for us, it's actually too big for her right now, and the collar was a cheapo from Petco which is great because she already destroyed it and the harness. YAY puppy teeth!
  • edited November -1
    Katsu has been wearing her japanese flag bandana around the house lately and it doesn't really bother her too much. We noticed that she started shedding a little. We think she may be starting to blow her puppy coat so we went out and bought the FURminator. She did really well while we brushed and and as you can see we got a nice little fur ball off of her. She feels so soft now we can't stop smooshing her!

• edited November -1
    Careful with the furminator. It is fun to use, but she is a little young. You may want to wait until she starts blowing her coat. Then do it a couple minutes a day until the coat is blown.
  • edited November -1
    Adorable as usual!

I second Jessica's comment though. That ball of fluff looks like normal shedding to me, not coat blowing. Believe me, you will know when her coat is blowing. Here's a pic of Joey in full force:
  • edited November -1
    thanks for the tips guys. we weren't really sure, but we thought she may have started to blow her coat already. She really didn't shed that much the first week and a half, the last couple days it's become more noticable. We'll hold off until she gets older and really starts to blow her coat. Also we noticed the coat on her back legs kind of looked like Joey's midsection, no hair sticking out but not smooth.
  • edited November -1
    Try getting a normal hairbrush, like the ones used for people, and just practice brushing her every now and then. This will help remove some of the shedded fur, get her used to being brushed, and if you get her a soft bristle brush it can help make her fur look a little shinier.
  • edited November -1
    We do that already, the first time she didn't like it but she tolerates now.
  • edited November -1
    Katsu is adorable. I can't wait to meet her in May!
  • edited November -1
    I love your Katsu pictures!! They make me smile : )
  • edited November -1
    I HATE THE RANGERS!!!! They get my hopes up and then rip my heart out. I was hoping to father a love child with Henrik Lundqvist but now I'm not so sure. Being that I'm physically incapable of bearing a child since I'm a man, and also I'd never bring a child into the world with a man who's so weak high glove side. Katsu is also very dissapointed and will no longer be wearing her Rangers jersey.

Last saturday we took Katsu out to jersey with us, Dawn had a bridal shower and we thought it'd be a good experience for Katsu. She did great with all the people and the other dogs she met. A little black Chihauhau got snarky with her and tried to nip her nose and a 17 year old Pomeranian kept barking at her, but she remained her aloof little self and wasn't phased at all. Here's some pics we took that day.

her showdog stance

mid scratch

her first smiling picture

another smiling picture

• edited November -1
    She is a good little poser! I love the first smile one.
  • edited November -1
    She's so adorable :o)
This discussion has been closed.