The thread of Kuma, the Akita - Kuma and Nyx turned 3 today!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    How sweet
  • edited May 2008
    That is one of the cutest things I have ever seen... That's so cute it almost makes me want a kitten... almost. :o)

Kuma looks great!

----
  • edited November -1
    What a great video! Has Kuma ever gotten to play with another dog? If not, he might have a strange idea of how to play if all his experience has been with a kitty.
  • edited November -1
    He's played with other dogs outside, but of course there aren't many dogs round here that won't get freaked out by this clumsy pup that thinks playing his jumping on them and paw at them. And most dogs around here are either too small and get scared or too old and don't have the patience. He got lucky with this (apparently) setter gordon mix we found once that seemed to be as crazy as he is.
  • edited November -1
    More Kuma and Nyx spam (and there's more to follow, as soon as it uploads)...
    This one was last week, when I was sick and stayed home

• edited November -1
    So, while the video uploads, I'll do an update on Kuma...

Kuma had his first bath today. He was kind of dirty, and I think it will help with his blowing coat. I took him to the vet's groomer thinking he would put up a fight or something, since it would be the first time, but as most of the situations he was cool about it. He didn't love it, but he behaved and didn't even try to escape.
    He got weighed and he is now 16,3Kg (around 36lbs), so he gained 4 Kg (almost 9lbs)in the past two weeks!!

Here's a photo of wet Kuma, he looks like half the dog

• edited November -1
    The other video is done, so here it goes. Nat took this today, while they cuddled a bit.

• edited November -1
    i think i could sit here and watch their complete sweetness for hours! i love it.
  • edited November -1
    I could watch those two play all day long. Kuma is sure growing up fast! Keep the videos coming.
  • edited November -1
    That level of cuteness should be illegal!

----
  • edited November -1
    Awww...that is so cute!!! Kuma's paw is like the size of Nyx's head! That is too adorable! Im glad they're getting along so well!
  • edited November -1
    Seriously dude, that amount of cute all in one place is an overload!

I can't believe how big they're getting. 36 pounds!
  • edited November -1
    Love the second to last video. Nyx just casually came out and attacked Kuma's tail. CUTE.
  • edited November -1
    I like the twisting move she does while attacking his tail.
    It only happened once, but it has already happened at 4 months, so I think we might be seeing them cuddling some more..and liking it.
  • edited November -1
    I hope so! And I hope you catch it on camera more often too. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Time for another batch of spam!!! ;-P

We went out on Sunday to get Kuma to try out his long leash.

Kuma and my sister

And this video will, on Dave's words, make me the token weird guy ;-P (if you listen carefully you can hear me bark...)

• edited November -1
    We went to Ikea and bought a nylon box with a zipper, that we filled with mashed up newspaper, so Kuma would have a soft, but firm step to come onto and out from the sofa...

Now that he can come up...
  • edited November -1
    Soooo adorable! Those videos are awesome! They act like Tojo and Ridley.
  • edited November -1
    Kuma is such a handsome boy! It looks like you guys had an awesome day at the park! I can't tell if its you barking or Kuma in the video. :-P
  • edited November -1
    These just in...

• edited November -1
    Since we're home today, this is a bit of a spam overdose...

• edited November -1
    omg!!! Nyx is adorable!!
    Thank for the spam overload! I love it!
  • edited November -1
    Yay, more spam! I love them together. The one where they both have their chin resting on the couch looking at the camera is precious! :-)
  • edited November -1
    Great spam video. I can tell the kitten is giving all it has to Kuma, Kuma is holding all back he can. Too funny!
  • edited November -1
    Those two are just too cute together. I love the way they play.
  • edited November -1
    Isaac is insisting that that video is of "Tojo and a kitty" and wants to know where Rakka is, haha.
  • edited November -1
    Aww. That's adorable Heidi!
  • edited November -1
    last video clip - Nyx says "Focus on me, not Kuma!"
  • edited November -1
    They are so cute together.
  • edited November -1
    Those are really cute - Nyx is a tough little kitten. lol! I think its great they play so nice.

Oh, and yes Rui, you are mos def the "token weird guy" at the park in that video. lol!

----