The thread of Kuma, the Akita - Kuma and Nyx turned 3 today!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    Great spam! He looks like he's having so much fun with the rottie! Very cute!
  • edited November -1
    what fun!

do akitas have less of a 'freedom! embrace it! catchmeifyoucan!' drive than say a shiba when the leash is dropped?
  • edited November -1
    Although I have no hands on experience with Shibas, I would say yes. The energy level is lower, and probably just that would make the difference.
  • edited November -1
    Shibas seem to have cornered the market with that one.

Miko has snuck out of our gate twice (there is a gap now blocked with a cinderblock that she was able to squirm through). The coolest part is Piglet alerted me to the situation. That and when I would look around the corner, Miko would be sitting at the front door. All I would have to do is crouch down and say her name and she hops over and starts to lick my face.

There is NO way Moto would come to me if he got out. He got out once and luckily he went to say howdy to the construction workers across the street and they held him until my friend "watching" him came to get him.
  • edited November -1
    That video is great - Kuma is a beast! That Rottie looked like a sweetie too.

----
  • edited November -1
    I LOVE the pix of Nyx and Kuma. God, Kuma is beautiful!
  • edited November -1
    That's pretty much the reaction we get while walking him at that park. The park is the old area where the world exhibition of 1998 was held, so it's a relative new and thought out place, with loads of lawns and trees. It's nice, so there are always loads of people running, riding bicycles, even fishing, since it's right next to the Tejo (Tagus river) and other people just hanging out or walking their dogs. Walking there takes ages because he gets everyone's attention, and we're always hearing "what a beautiful dog" "look at that little wolf" and stuff like that. Or else, it's old people on benches that call him, and he likes going to get them to pet him. So a walk that would take us 30 minutes on our own takes us a good hour with him. It's a great place to socialize him, I like it a lot. If houses weren't so expensive around there, I would definitely move there.
  • edited August 2008
    It has been a long time since Kuma&Nyx spam, so here goes:

These were taken a few minutes ago

• edited August 2008
    That last one with Kuma looking up with that sly look is too much! Nyx and Kuma together are just wonderful. I love it.
  • edited November -1
    Looks like your kitty and puppy really enjoy one another! Is Nyx a baby--- seems very small! Seems like Kuma would have a blast at an off-leash park romping with the big doggies -- is there one handy?

Thanks for sharing the pics and videos.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys!

Bev-They're both the same age, going on 7 months. The size differential between the two of them has pretty much always been around 9 times. Kuma is now 25,8 Kg (56,88 lbs), so even if we haven't weighed Nyx in a while, I'd say she should be just under 3 Kg. Unfortunately, here in Portugal there are no dog parks where he can be let loose. The few times I've done it, I'm always positioning myself to be able to run after him should he decide to run off. Never happened so far.
  • edited November -1
    Frickin adorable! I love the one of the two of them looking up at the camera. Kuma has such a cute face. :-)
  • edited November -1
    Kuma and Nyx are the cutest thing ever! Kuma is a handsome Akita, he has nice color. :o)

----
  • edited November -1
    The way they are best buds is really awesome. Cute pictures.
  • edited November -1
    Thanks guys!

Dave - I like that photo so much, it is now my wallpaper.

Don't get fooled by the little angel expressions. This was a rare quiet moment on the sofa.
  • edited November -1
    Yay!! Kuma and Nyx spam is some of my favorite spam!
  • edited November -1
    Hi again guys!
    To redeem myself I've decided to post in some more spam from today.
    Rui wasn't at home when I took these. He went to his parents' house to visit their cat. All of a sudden Kuma got on the footrest and started whining. A lot of black clouds were piling up so maybe he thought a storm was on the way.

Pretty soon Nyx joined in, so they were both sniffing at the net, looking perplexed:

Then, as rapidly as this started everything came back to normal. Rui turned the key in the front door and the babies realised they were safe again!
    :-)
  • edited November -1
    THAT IS SOOOOOO FREAKING CUTE!!!!
  • edited November -1
    OMG. That second pic is sooo adorable!!
  • edited November -1
    I love that last shot.
  • edited November -1
    Nat, those shots are awesome. You quite possibly have the cutest pair of animals on the planet! Thanks for having the presence of mind to take those pictures and thanks even more for sharing!!!! :-)
  • edited November -1
    What a perfect pair. Keep those pictures coming....
  • edited November -1
    These two always have something up their sleeves for us. Nyx just got the window shutters down by supporting herself on the roller. It was funny, pity there's no video of it.
  • edited November -1
    the second shot is SO cute!! these two are great, both growing up so nicely!
  • edited November -1
    Nyx just got her stitches removed today and she is already going all over the place, all crazy as the little hell raiser she is. She even got it on a bit with Kuma.

• edited November -1
    She is a pistol...
  • edited November -1
    lol its the same way but oppisite at my house, roxy terrorizes our cat, but in a playful way she just dominates him, and we got to have a lil playdate with roxy and our neighbors lab, they got along really well and had a good time I've got pics but I gotta get them uploaded.
  • edited November -1
    Nyx is fearless huh? I love seeing them together! :-)
  • edited November -1
    I love seeing them play together too.
  • edited November -1
    Man, that is just so freaking cute! Nyx *almost* makes me want a cat. lol!