Katsu's Korner - Newborn furry potato SPAM!!!

Comments

• edited November -1
    a little spam. flickr is being annoying or maybe I'm just tired because it's posting doubles and triples of the pics i just uploaded.

P1050550
    P1050509
    P1050565

getting the treats out and making a mess is much better than eating them
    P1050580
    stink rollin
    P1050639
    P1050667
    P1050598
    P1050674
    P1050671

some playdate pics
    P1050727
    P1050688
    P1050691
    Beth with the stylin pose
    P1050692
    P1050700
    P1050696
    This has to be one of the weirdest faces I've made
    P1050690
    P1050696
    P1050706
    P1050723
  • edited November -1
    Nice pictures! Katsu is growing.
  • edited November -1
    Is Tetsu wearing an x-back modified racing harness or is that just a no-escape or easy pull type of harness? It's hard to see.

Katsu must get super relaxed in her bath times-makes it kind of a toss up for bathing, she will have to be stinkier than her anal glands going in or else it won't be worth it to bathe her :) Adorable stinky grass rolling pictures.
  • edited November -1
    Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. She didn't seem scared, she just seemed super relaxed. The first bath was just a rinse to get the salt water out of her fur. We didn't use shampoo because we don't wont to strip all of the oils out of her coat and skin. Unfortunately after the gland release, we needed too. This is the first time this has happened after a rinse. So we'll see. Next time I'll make sure Dawn doesn't swaddle and the cuddle her like a baby.
  • edited November -1
    Joe and Dawn Katsu is getting SO Big! You must bring her to me before she gets all growed up! I want to snuggle that puppy again!
  • edited November -1
    It's always a blast hanging out with Joe, Dawn and Katsu, and Avalon is just the greatest place to visit. I was so amazed at how quickly Katsu had gotten so big, she's like almost the size of Tetsu now. and the excitement they all showed when they saw each other was absolutely leash tangling. They all walked so well with each other, except for the fact that Katsu was trying to trip me the whole time. And there was some mini-play during or pit stops, plus a lot of water sharing.

The beach was nice as well, and all three dogs went into the water. Tikaani went the furthest, but I think Tetsu got the wettest when Tikaani tried to grab him. They all ran across the sand, with much leash acrobatics on our part, and just looked absolutely gleeful.

It was sad that we had to leave, even Tetsu may a sad attempt at laying behind Joe and Dawn's car to keep them from leaving (little did he know that they didn't have to back out), but it was practically a 3 hour walk so all the pups had to have been tired.

Somethings I learned that day: The more comfortable Tikaani gets with a dog, the more he tries to play with them like he does with Tetsu. When Tetsu knows another dog, he is willing to lap up water out of the same container at the same time with them (I thought he would only do this with Tikaani, but got very happy when he shoved his face next to Katsu to steal a drink.)

Katsu is such a cutie, and Joe and Dawn are the greatest, can't wait to hang out with them again.

Lindsay- Tetsu is wearing an adjustable, recreational style training harness. I had gotten it for Tikaani to get him used to a sledding harness, while having something dragging behind, that I could adjust while he grew. It was the funniest thing watching Tikaani wonder why there's a gallon water jug bouncing behind him.

Since I can't seam to find Tetsu's harness, I was able to adjust this to his size for walks. I kind of like it more than the regular style harnesses, as the tension is pulling the harness away from the throat instead of towards. With any of the other harnesses I tried on him (regular, puppia style, walk-in), he always manages to gag at some point. With this he hasn't, so I've ordered them both their own x-backs for them to wear, walks for Tetsu and eventually bikejoring for Tikaani. It is harder to direct Tetsu on walks, but because this harness feels a bit 'weird' to him, he is starting to learn to listen to my verbal directions.
  • edited November -1
    Great spam!

Katsu is really getting big!!!

I love that harness, Beth! We looked into one for Kitsu, because it seems near impossible for a dog to back out of them, but we couldn't locate one in stock in his size.
  • edited November -1
    Calia: "Katsu is such a cutie, and Joe and Dawn are the greatest, can't wait to hang out with them again."

Yeah we are the greatest. lol
  • edited November -1
    Cool harness. Sounds like great fun. I use old bicycle tires for Beebe to drag, they work really well.
  • edited November -1
    I have to ask: what's the deal with the anal glands? I still want to steal Katsu, but I think I should know more about the gland thing before she comes over. Is it only with females? Puppies? Just curious.
  • edited November -1
    We have no idea. The first time it happened was when she got really terrified. She was being walked and got spooked and took off and ripped the leash right out of Joe's hand. As she was running the big plastic handle for the retractable leash was scraping the floor behind her which I think scared her even more. This time she got so super relaxed that she just let loose. I think she was just so tired from the day. We had gone on an almost 4 hour hike with B &T3. As far as anal glands go we're not really sure. So you might want to ask Static N Fuzz.
  • edited November -1
    I believe even people have anal glands to a lesser extent, which thankfully seem to take care of themselves for most of us ;)
  • edited November -1
    http://dogs.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Dog_Anal_Glands

There is some good info there in case you want to read up on anal glands :P
  • edited November -1
    Why read when we can experience them in real life. Unless of course it's a scratch, sniff, and then dry heave book.
  • edited November -1
    Katsu has been doing an awesome job at beginner obedience. The trainer made a comment tonight about how impressed and happy she was with Katsu's improvement in I'm afraid of everything department. We were practicing down today and Katsu was doing the best job out of everyone. At one point the trainer, Jo-Anne, made the down hand gesture while talking to the humans and Katsu laid down. Jo-anne started cracking up and was whispering for us to give Katsu a treat (She didn't want to make a big scene and distract her). She had her tail up most of the class until, the "door simulator" came out. Fortunately for us Katsu has always waited and sat in front of doors since day one. She graduates next week, and Jo-Anne is bringing in a graduation cap for the pups to take pictures in. We're already signer her up for the next level.
    Katsu's also scheduled to be fixed on the 29th. So no Katsu babies ever. The only way to get her, or a dog like her now is to steal her(over my dead body) or clone her.
  • edited November -1
    Sorry to go back to the anal glands thing, but I just read that link and it was hilarious! When referring to expelling the anal glands yourself and I quote, "Do not attempt this on any dogs but your own." Can you imagine someone coming up to your dog and expelling their anal glands?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • edited November -1
    People could come and expell her anal glands all the want, as long as I'm not close enough to smell it.
  • edited November -1
    Yay for Katsu! Congrats on Graduation!

awww, No Katsu babies(J/K great for speutering!)? Now I am really gonna have to steal Katsu, when are you bringing her to me?
  • edited November -1
    Graduation and a spay, you guys really know how to show a lady a good time...Congratulations, and if you want we can always pop in for the graduation to congratulate Katsu in person, just name the time and place.
  • edited November -1
    woohoo Katsu! Looks like you guys are handing her fear stages well that she's overcoming it all.
    Good luck with the spay!

You guys don't know how FUN anal glands can be until you have a basset hound that is so lost in separation anxiety that he'd expel them each and every time we put him in the crate. Yeah.
  • edited November -1
    We're trying with Queen Chicken, slowly but steadily she's becoming more confident. I hope I never get to experience that much FUN!
  • edited November -1
    Kristin. Not really sure when we'd be able to get up there for a visit. I'm driving an ice cream truck for my company, seriously, they do oil, alarms, air conditioning and now are sponsoring ice cream trucks for advertisement. So my schedule is pretty wacky for the summer. We will have to come up eventually though, I really need a creamie fix from miss Sake.
    Beth. Her graduation is at the Petco on sunrise highway. I think it's Bayshore. It's just west of Saxon Ave. It's from 6:30 to 7:30 ish. If you want you guys should come a little towards the end of class, I think Tikaani picking her up by the harness might be too distracting for her! Maybe we can grab some fast food and have a little celebration dinner after. Let us know.
  • edited June 2009
    Is it the one by a Bestbuy and Toys-r-us?

That sounds like fun...which day is it?
  • edited November -1
    yea thats the one. its next thursday the 25th.
  • edited November -1
    another mini meetup with B & T 3 at Gardiners Park. It was raining a little so we were some of the only "crazy dog people" walking our pooches. As always we had a great time. Highlights included Tikaani picking Katsu up by the scruff and Katsu trying to murder Beth. We went to Petco after, we got puppy wipes for Katsu and Beth and Tom picked up some treats for the boys. Katsu did much better in the store with Tetsu and Tikaani there.

The original lead singer from Hootie and the Blowfish. It was originally called Blowfish and the Hooties, after he got kicked out he went on a four year drug binge. He cleaned up last year, but was found washed up on the beach today.

Katsu practicing for her Pizzle Doctor Degree

random pic of my 25th b day cake. Found it cleaning off the memory card on our old camera.
    DSCN0560
  • edited November -1
    Katsu and Tetsu are almost the same size!

LoL - Blowfish and the Hooties made me giggle.
  • edited November -1
    Katsu is always such a cutie, and the boys really like playing with her...Can't wait to see you guys again at her graduation
  • edited November -1
    And that is one awesome b-day cake
  • edited November -1
    "Katsu practicing for her Pizzle Doctor Degree"
    I actually burst out laughing. My boyfriends like "what?" I said "Oh, nothing. Inside joke."
  • edited November -1
    We thought this was pretty cute.

This discussion has been closed.